January 2018 Babies?

Options
MrsS8214
MrsS8214 Posts: 6 Member
Anyone just getting started on this crazy journey? Currently due January 12th, but my first appt is Tuesday so that should confirm,

Replies

• annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Jan 17th here. I've had several miscarriages so am being heavily monitored :)

I've had my first ultrasound, and had a nice heartbeat!
  • marianlyn
    marianlyn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    @annaskiski I am so sorry for your previous losses. My last pregnancy resulted in stillbirth. I'm very early in my 3rd pregnancy now. By my last period, my due date would be early February, but I will be delivered 2 weeks early because of my history (if I make it that far). Congratulations, ladies!
  • annaskiski
    Options
    Sorry to hear that @marianlyn, best wishes on your Feb baby! (I recently heard the term 'rainbow baby')

Sending good wishes to all!
  • stacicali
    stacicali Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Just had first blood work done but no ultrasound yet. Currently due Jan 28. Hoping for a healthy, happy journey to us all.
  • enc87
    enc87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi mamas
    Due with my second January 9th. Have a very active 3 yo daughter.
    I put on a tonne of weight with my first due to happily eating crap thinking it will fall off after birth. Not so naive now and all for healthy eating and continuing my exercise regime.
  • ariamariam
    ariamariam Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi everyone! i just had a pregnancy test and guess what? baby n2 is coming probably aroun the end of january or early february. i really hope that i will hold myself this time and not put on too much weight...
  • sans_sabots
    sans_sabots Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm due with my second on Jan. 16, just had my first u/s yesterday. OB advised that I gain no more than 11-25 lbs. Which, I was like... so essentially gain nothing other than baby, placenta and blood volume? Sounds very challenging, but I'm going to give it my best. Anyone else in the same boat?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hello! I'm due with my second on Jan. 16, just had my first u/s yesterday. OB advised that I gain no more than 11-25 lbs. Which, I was like... so essentially gain nothing other than baby, placenta and blood volume? Sounds very challenging, but I'm going to give it my best. Anyone else in the same boat?

Saw this and had to respond (but I am due sept so I don't technically belong here :wink: ) but yeah, my ob said 11-20 for me, which I am not sure I will keep it under 20, but hoping for 25. So far up about 13 (I took two weeks off to slack and that majorly hurt my progress), 25 weeks in. Maintenance for me is around 2300 calories and if I stick to that I gain quite slowly. I have luckily found that sticking to maintenance is enough for me, since my maintenance it pretty high to begin with, so aside form the hassle of logging regularly it has not been a big deal, yet.

Anyways, good luck!
  • annaskiski
    Options
    We can use good advice @4legsRbetterthan2 ! You're always welcome here.

I'm hoping not to gain more than 15/20. Just eating TDEE right now. I've lowered my lifting weights a lot, but still hoping for buff arms by Jan... :) Reading a lot about exercise/pregnancy right now.
  • brilliantwords
    brilliantwords Posts: 97 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hey!

Currently TTC my 2nd and on the "two week wait" to see test results! IF positive, I'd be due Feb 16th, so not quite January, but close! My fingers are crossed. My youngest would be just a few weeks away from 3 years old by then (which is the minimum gap I wanted). I was going to wait until fall to TTC so he'd be a little older and not in winter, but the baby fever got me bad! haha

If I end up conceiving this month, I'd love to have other friends in similar stages. I did that last time and it was extremely encouraging for a fit and healthy journey!
  • gingermama29
    gingermama29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    stacicali wrote: »
    Just had first blood work done but no ultrasound yet. Currently due Jan 28. Hoping for a healthy, happy journey to us all.

I'm also due Jan 28th!! Getting my first ultrasound this afternoon!
  • sans_sabots
    Options

Saw this and had to respond (but I am due sept so I don't technically belong here :wink: ) but yeah, my ob said 11-20 for me, which I am not sure I will keep it under 20, but hoping for 25. So far up about 13 (I took two weeks off to slack and that majorly hurt my progress), 25 weeks in. Maintenance for me is around 2300 calories and if I stick to that I gain quite slowly. I have luckily found that sticking to maintenance is enough for me, since my maintenance it pretty high to begin with, so aside form the hassle of logging regularly it has not been a big deal, yet.

Anyways, good luck!

That is so encouraging, thanks!! Great work. Yeah, I'm doubling down on the logging, ordered a scale, the whole bit. I was barely in the range where they recommend an 11-20 gain, so I have a feeling I'll be closer to twenty, but I figure if I can honestly say that I did my best then I can live with the results.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

That is so encouraging, thanks!! Great work. Yeah, I'm doubling down on the logging, ordered a scale, the whole bit. I was barely in the range where they recommend an 11-20 gain, so I have a feeling I'll be closer to twenty, but I figure if I can honestly say that I did my best then I can live with the results.

I totally agree with your mindset, I am doing my best to eat healthy and within calories and IMO that is what I can do. From what I have heard from other ladies sometimes you can control it, and sometimes you just cant no matter what you do, I saw someone say "pregnancy is like the black hole for weight gain" and thought that was a funny way to put it.

I feel lucky so far that my weight has been very responsive to calorie control, I don't know if that comes from already being experienced calorie counting so I "know the drill" and am past all the beginner mistakes, or if I am just lucky. I still need to lose more weight once I am done either way, so, whatever......
  • NyeMye
    NyeMye Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Just found out a couple of weeks ago that I'm due Feb 6th with my 4th! I still have a long (hopefully healthy) journey ahead, but it's always nice to meet others along the way. Is anyone keeping up with an exercise routine? If so, what have you been doing?
  • annaskiski
    Options
    I was running and heavy lifting, and switched to walking and lighter lifting.
    I know people run throughout most of their pregnancy, but I've never really been a 'runner', (more of a plodder who arrives home half dead), so I figured fast walking is probably the way to go :)
    I also do yoga regularly and swim most days...
  • marianlyn
    marianlyn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Pilates for the last 5 months, so I'm sticking with that for as long as I can. I do a TRX strength class and an occasional cycling class. Otherwise mostly walking. I'm not a good swimmer, but I want to get in the habit of swimming for the weightlessness of it.
    I was about to start C25K after our summer vacation, but I think I'll pass now!
  • sans_sabots
    Options
    I'm walking on the treadmill for warmup and doing some inclines. I'm lifting a bit, but nothing really heavy. My main jam is yoga, but I'm not feeling it right now, not sure why. I'm just not comfortable doing the deep bends and twists, which are my favorites. My goal for this week is work in some bodyweight exercises to keep my strength up.
  • missxlisa
    missxlisa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm due in Feb with baby #4 :) Morning sickness just hit me this week but I know it's temporary! I teach 4 group fitness classes/week but I really need to watch my eating this time because I ALWAYS gain 80+ lbs during pregnancy, even though I'm active. Losing the weight over and over is a pain
  • krizaten33
    krizaten33 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am due feb 27th? I think. Do you know the recommendations for stopling targeted core work?
  • gidjinswife
    gidjinswife Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm due Jan 1, with a surprise #5! I've been on a restricted diet (autoimmune paleo) for quite a while, for medical reasons, and now that morning sickness is gone I'm on MFP to make sure I'm getting everything I need to for a healthy baby. Today I hope to get the house in order, clean out the fridge and at least make a meal plan for next week, if not do some prep work. I'm also trying to stay active with this one. I always have so many aches and pains by the end of pregnancy and have long, back labors. So I'm doing BodyPump to keep my muscles strong so my joints can stay put, and I think I may get the Spinning Babies DVD to do what I can for positioning, although it may just be my anatomy, the exercises will still be beneficial.

krizaten33-my BodyPump instructor, who has Pumpped through 3 pregnancies said as long as you're comfortable there's no reason to not do crunches and ab work. I'd check with your OB though just to be safe. The last BP class I did cat cows and extensions on all fours, just because I didn't want to do too much after being gone for a week.