2017 Tribe??

Options
Curious if anyone is still here that's currently on their journey with Phen :)

Replies

• quebot
    quebot Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I was prescribed this at the Dr today. I'm interested to see how it affects my weight loss.
  • angie55575
    angie55575 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My doctor took me off it, because after a while it wasn't working anymore. I've been off it for about three months, I may ask at my next appointment to be able to try it again! Keep your fingers crossed for me!
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    @angie55575 did you gain weight when you went off of it? I take it on an "as needed" basis right now. Which means I usually take it on weekends, two or three days at ovulation, and 3-4 days during cycle or the week before my cycle. That seems to be working well for me. My crazy doctor just ups the dose when it stops working for people. :o
  • angie55575
    Options
    @ronjsteele1, I did gain a little weight (10ish lbs, but my weight fluctuates a TON)- but I was also wasn't being active or strictly logging my food. I do feel like I could use another "boost" to get me closer to my goals.
  • Nancyh59
    Nancyh59 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've been on phen since May of 2016. It worked really well and jump started me to lose 40 pounds by November. Then the holidays and a February cruise made me lazy and I think the phen doesn't affect me the same way now. I've gained back about 12 pounds. I truly believe the gain though is my own slacking--the phen probably hadn't been making much difference by that point. I should probably take a break from it and try again in a few months. However, I've been better lately about exercise and my food journal, so I hope to see the scale start going down again. My doctor says some people stay on phen for years--I would rather learn to be vigilant about my habits on my own, but I give phentermine a lot of credit for giving me a good jump start when nothing else was working.
  • Nancyh59
    Nancyh59 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @angie55575 did you gain weight when you went off of it? I take it on an "as needed" basis right now. Which means I usually take it on weekends, two or three days at ovulation, and 3-4 days during cycle or the week before my cycle. That seems to be working well for me. My crazy doctor just ups the dose when it stops working for people. :o

angie, I'm tempted to ask my doctor about an increased dose. I suppose though I should do some research on how it affects my health in the long run before I do that. I don't have a "fear" of it--after all, it's been prescribed since 1959.
  • angie55575
    Options
    @nancyh59, Let me know what your doctor says! I'm going for another appointment in two weeks- I'll keep you posted as well :) I'm still about 45# overweight according to the BMI chart....
  • AvasMomRuns
    AvasMomRuns Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started it yesterday. I'm hoping it's the help I need to get this baby weight off
  • MnWild74
    MnWild74 Posts: 34 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I started Phentermine 15 in Feb. First month, i lost 16 pounds, second month didn't lose a thing, so my last visit (May 19th) Dr. increased my dose to 30mg and as of today i am down 25 pounds. I have no cravings for sweets or even food for that matter. I was diagnosed with B.E.D and this has been the ONLY tool that has made my out of control binge eating stop is Phen. Finally, i can focus on good quality foods, learn portions and got me away from drinking Soda and into drinking LOTS of water. AND i have the energy to walk 10,000 steps a day. All the good habits ive wanted to utilize, without the grips of feeling out of control. I go back to Dr. on the 16th and looking forward to great results. good luck everyone on your journey's
  • zeiryitzel17
    zeiryitzel17 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this whole weight loss journey. This app was referred by my nutritionist to start counting the calories and watch my carb and sugar intake. So far on internet blogs there was very negative things to say about phen so I looked here. I'm glad to see it has worked out for you guys! I started last Tuesday at 181 and now at 173. It's been helping me a lot with my meal portions as well as cravings. I'm excited to see how these three months with it shall be!
  • BklynEibhlin
    BklynEibhlin Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That's great @zeiryitzel17! I started on Phentermine a couple of weeks ago after success last year with Phendimetrazine. MFP definitely helps you keep track of everything that goes in your mouth. I also was put on a VLC diet by my doctor and realized pretty quickly that you can easily eat 1000 and be hungry all of the time, or you can get strategic with your calories and somehow manage to stay full all day long. My latest quest is to cut out (more realistically drastically reduce) cheese. But God, it's just so good! lol Good luck with everything!
  • Dorothyanne19
    Dorothyanne19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2. She combined it with some other pills, so i'm eager to see how it works. Any tips for max effectiveness? I've been counting calories/trying to stick to the diet papers she gave me, and working on my activity levels. It would be awesome if i could be down 15 pounds or so by my next appointment, but i'll be happy with anything.
  • BklynEibhlin
    BklynEibhlin Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2. She combined it with some other pills, so i'm eager to see how it works. Any tips for max effectiveness? I've been counting calories/trying to stick to the diet papers she gave me, and working on my activity levels. It would be awesome if i could be down 15 pounds or so by my next appointment, but i'll be happy with anything.

From me, not really if you're already sticking to what your doctor gave you. I seem to do best when I limit my carbs as much as possible to vegetables and seasonings. I also drink coffee, which I think you're supposed to limit, but I find the additional caffeine keeps the appetite suppression working for longer.
  • MnWild74
    MnWild74 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I agree i am so happy i found this posting. I have been counting weight watcher points on my own since jan. 28th and i had some progress on my own without Phen, however i have Binge eating disorder and i thought the rest of my life would be me being over weight and spinning out of control and just keep getting bigger and bigger. In march i found a new primary dr and she is AWESOME! As an added bonus she specializes in obesity (I had no idea before i went to her) March she put me on 15MG and that worked great the first month. Then i didnt lose anything the second month 15MG and i was discouraged she upped me to 30mg and started loosing again. I also have been watching my carbs and upping my protein. She assured me we will get me to my "happy weight" and we will main it within 10 pounds. I am so excited for the first time EVER i know once the 60-80 pounds are gone i will NEVER have to lose this much ever again... we got this!!
  • chrissyworksit
    chrissyworksit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    Today is my first day taking Phentermine and i will see how it goes. I'm really excited to see how this goes.
  • lesliecooki6038
    lesliecooki6038 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this group! Its my 3rd week with phen & I've lost 8 lbs. Good luck to everyone on our journeys:)
  • twinlyblessed10
    twinlyblessed10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was prescribed Phentermine about a month ago and only took it for a week.
  • soyluly
    soyluly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started phentermine a week ago, and I have an unreliable scale at home, so I'm really waiting for my weekly Saturday WW meeting for more official numbers. I've lost 40-45lbs pre-phentermine via healthy eating and exercise in the past year, and still have about 100lbs to go for ~ideal goal weight. I hit a plateau a few months ago, and have been fluctuating a few pounds up and down since then. I work out every weekday for 40-50 minutes. I just started doing HIIT work outs and they're amazing. I eat fairly well, though I just started counting calories on MFP rather than WW points.

5'5.5
    SW 298.8
    CW 254
    GW 155
  • jriffey
    jriffey Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Instead of phentermine I am taking phendimetrazine right now. I have used phentermine in the past and it worked for a month really well and then gradually lost its effect. I'm seeing a similar trend in phendimetrazine as I've been on it 3 weeks now. I do not get the stimulant effect anymore. If my appetite increases too much, the plan is to switch me over to phentermine to try again. So far have lost 10 pounds, with 8 pound lost in the first week.
  • Mrzpretty919
    Mrzpretty919 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started taking Phen yesterday and i am ready to achieve the goal of healthy eating and consistent exercise. Ive noticed in the morning i still had a normal appetite but at night i could not even eat my body just did not want any food. So day 2 and i am pushing through i love all this energy btw