Hello

Options
Adira48
Adira48 Posts: 4 Member
Hi, I'm 68 years young and looking for inspiration and support in loosing weight and getting fit and more active. Health issues cropping up over the past year or so has got my attention: osteoarthritis, pre-diabetes and malignant hypertension. The body never lies!!! Take full responsibility for stressful jobs and poor eating and the fact I knew better.... Want to get more active and possibly back to ballroom dancing, which takes a lot of stamina and flexibility. Working with rheumatologist, dietician and physical therapist. Would love to buddy up with some folks in my age group. Our goals and issues and doability are unique to us but no less doable.

Replies

• claudiawalsh1
    claudiawalsh1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 65 and looking for support in this journey. In the past two years, I've developed severe osteoarthritis in my spine, and had my first operation, removing four broken vertibra and fusing most of my lumbar region, four sections. It continues to worsen, and my flexibility and balance are so bad, I fall at least monthly. I use a cane or walker. My surgeon says no more fusions if I am to keep any flexibility, even though I have since developed a cyst and bulging disc. I go to PT twice a week and exercise for at least an hour, plus do all the housework and shopping and cooking for my husband and myself. My life isn't active, but it's also not as sedentary as you may think. I've been on MFP for at least two years, but my weight isn't budging anymore. I think we have some similar issues. What do you say we support each other?