I Need a Sports Bra Recommendations for LARGE bust

Options
PrettyandFocused
PrettyandFocused Posts: 23 Member
edited June 2017 in Social Groups
Hi ladies,

Do any of you have a good reliable sports bra you can recommend? I am a 42G. I purchased bras from Lane Bryant but I have to wear a regular bra with it. Sometimes I add an additional layer with a body shaper. I am hoping there is one sports bra I can purchase and it will be enough support. It's getting hot and the layering is becoming uncomfortable.

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I don't know about sports bands specifically, but there is a product called BuBand that is worn over another item to prevent bounce/provide extra support, etc. The sizes don't go up that high yet, but the customer service department assured me that the largest size currently should work for our size range (I'm in similar sizes to you, depending on the brand), and if not that you can return it for a full refund... I have not invested yet, but it is on my wish list. However, there was an online site/video blog recently that did side-by-side testing of popular brands and stuff looking specifically at sports bras. One they tested was Kate Hudson's ... is it Fabletics? brand... I don't know if you can google and find it, but it was informative!
  • PrettyandFocused
    PrettyandFocused Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I don't know about sports bands specifically, but there is a product called BuBand that is worn over another item to prevent bounce/provide extra support, etc. The sizes don't go up that high yet, but the customer service department assured me that the largest size currently should work for our size range (I'm in similar sizes to you, depending on the brand), and if not that you can return it for a full refund... I have not invested yet, but it is on my wish list. However, there was an online site/video blog recently that did side-by-side testing of popular brands and stuff looking specifically at sports bras. One they tested was Kate Hudson's ... is it Fabletics? brand... I don't know if you can google and find it, but it was informative!

Thanks for your help. I will look into your suggestions.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort is my favorite; another large-busted friend strongly recommends Panache sports bras.
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Panache is expensive, but worth it. I have a couple of their wireless sports bras and they're more supportive than my regular, wired daily bras. Just beware the bands run small and you may want to size up a bit.
  • angie_carol
    angie_carol Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I got mine from Lane Bryant on clearance. Unfortunately, since it was on clearance, there were limited sizes available and it's a cup size too small (40DDD but I need 40F) but it is amazing as far as wide straps, no bounce, etc. I just wish they had the size I needed on sale because LB is NOT cheap!!

The one I have is the Maximum Support Sport Bra and I LOVE it!!!!!
    lanebryant.com/maximum-support-sport-bra/prd-223930#color/0000012374
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @angie_carol - Check online, because if things are on clearance in the stores, they sometimes are on clearance online, too, and they will generally have more sizes available - or they can tell you what store has them. More specialty sizes like that, they'll have more online, too...
  • angie_carol
    angie_carol Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss I looked at their website yesterday and saw where they did carry my size in other colors but the blue one I bought is sold out in my size at that clearance price. I can buy one my size in another color at full price but money is tight with my husband finishing his bachelor's degree this year.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Watch for their sales. A few times a year, they have buy one get one free or buy two get two free sales. If you stack that with the 15-20% off your first purchase when you sign up for their credit card, you can get these really reasonably priced. You can even "special order" from online when you do this if they don't have your size available in the store... And if you sign up for their newsletter, they'll even send coupons and such, too.