Can anyone help explain with the sleep cycle?

Options
AliciaRenee1
AliciaRenee1 Posts: 21 Member
edited June 2017 in Social Groups
Hey,

Just wondering if the brief pink "awake" dots (not where it actually registers as awake time) are brief awakenings like may be seen in sleep apnoea? (circled in red)
Thanks!

muUwc4.jpg

Edit: I have observed they are generally there when in "light" sleep, none in "deep" sleep and the occasional in REM sleep. I am having a formal sleep study on Wednesday, just wondering if this is worth taking note of/mentioning?

Replies

• IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    A formal sleep study will gather much more data than a FitBit ever could, but it doesn't hurt to share the information with your physician as 'evidentiary support.'

Sleep cycles last approximately 1.5 hours, REM being being Stage 4 (the last stage) after which it cycles back to Stage 1 (light sleep), which means wakefulness generally happens in the bridge between Stage 4-1.

Hopefully you will be armed with much more information after your study, good luck!
  • Mjones23456
    Mjones23456 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I would check my total scores against the benchmark and see what the total percentage of wake time is. If you are in the total range I would not be too concerned. I would definitely share it with my DR.