New to Phen

Options
chrissyworksit
chrissyworksit Posts: 14 Member
Hello everyone,
I am new to using phentermine and am excited to find a group in the MFP because its hard to find acceptance with medication here. I am 5'2" and starting at 204 and 150 is my first goal. Does anyone workout with their phentermine and if so is it before you take it or after?

Replies

• zeiryitzel17
    zeiryitzel17 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! There are a few more posts where they talk about Phen on here. I just started at the beginning of the month. I started at 181 lbs & I'm at 168.8 right now. I am 5'2" too! The way my nutritionist told me to take it was an hour or 2 after breakfast. He only required me to do 20 minutes of walking but if I wanted to do more cardio or strength training it was fine.
  • tay150
    tay150 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just got back on Phentermine this morning and am looking for some support from others! My doctor told me to take it 30 min before breakfast and to do at least 30 min of exercise each day even if just walking. I am 5"5 and currently 229lbs. My first goal is to hit 200lbs by end of August, but if I lose more by then I'd be very pleased! My name is Taylor!
  • hugsnkisses1
    hugsnkisses1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm taking phetermine 15 MG I started 7 weeks ago so far I have had pretty good results I feel like however I'm not sure what kind of diet I should be doing. What else is everyone else doing while taking phentermine? Do you just watch your calorie intake or carbs and fat intake as well? I just want to get the best results I can while taking the medication. My goal is to lose 40 more lbs asap there really isn't a time frame lol preferably before Christmas lol
    Feel free to add me we can share tips added tricks and maybe help each other out
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Hello, I see I am a bit older than you all. I have tried so many things in my 52 years and the most successful thing I did for my self was have WLS RNY in 2004. I initially lost over 300 pounds. I have kept off about 220 and if I had to do it over again I would. The lowest weight I got down to was 302. So I have gained about 80 or so pounds. An my goal right now is to get back to 302.

I went to my doctor around the end of May regarding my desire to lose 100 pounds and she recommended Contrave initially. Well it was too expensive and my insurance does not cover weight loss meds. So then she recommended 15 mg of phetermine.

I am on WW and will continue with WW while I take this medication. WW is a behavior modification program, so it should be fine with this med since they go hand in hand. It is more than the appetite. Today is my 1st day taking it and I see a difference. I have not had the urges to binge and have been around the house all day. I will keep you all posted.

I was glad to find this group too. Feel free to add me also. I have been on MFP for ages for sure. I know I will always have an issue with food and it will always be something I struggle, But I will get it right one day soon.

Take and care and make each choice be a good one or a better one.....,
  • chrissyworksit
    chrissyworksit Posts: 14 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses and the fitness tips. I forgot I joined a phentermine group because I'm in the middle of moving. I will take into advisement the suggestions you have given me. My doctor just gave me the pill and said this should help with your eating and make you lose weight. :o