Yes, yes, yes.
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    July 4th
    Exercised: Yes; walked dog 20 min x2, biked 30 min
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes

I feel good about making it four days, but it's not easy, and I'm freaked out about making it through the month. I'm going to narrow my focus to making it to next saturday.
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Sheesh! I have to take my first pass day. I was 161 calories over( and that's with using my one hour walk and gym/strength training exercise calories).

My daughter unexpectantly called me at around 11:00 AM to see if I could meet here at Moxie's for lunch. I said yes of course because this rarely happens because she a very busy working mom. I ordered a fish taco which came with fries. I drank water. Later when I looked up the calories it said 1000 calories. I was/am in shock. No wonder I rarely eat out. I had only about 10 fries with the ketchup.
  • Dosse1320
    Options
    @Sandera2 This Is a tough challenge! I think your idea of only focusing until Saturday is a great strategy. Very insightful of you. Hang in there!
  • Dosse1320
    Options
    @Gus130 Made me laugh. Yes, nothing like having company to inspire us to do housework. That's what happened to us on Sunday night.
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes

Phew, day 1 of vacation a success. Cut it close but I'm determined to put in a solid effort and having this accountability is hugely helpful!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I managed to squeak through the holiday with just 7 calories to spare! :o
    But the important thing is that I did it! B)

Hubby and I went on a nice after dinner walk with Tara (our golden retriever). She found a dead rabbit that she wanted to eat! Luckily, my husband got it away from her before she did! :p

@120maggie: I feel for that woman who was trying to control four goldens at the same time! :D

I hope our sunset walks become a habit! <3

Yes! Yes! Yes! for me today! ☺
  • trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    pribud wrote: »
    @trixsey1 WOW! What a burn today! Have you always been this active?

@Craigo3154 What a great walk today Sir Craig! 7k in 53 minutes is good! Add the hills and it is GREAT! o:).............

I've always loved walking, even before I started losing weight. I love woodland walks, especially at this time of year when all the new life emerges. I love nature and animals and I see some lovely creatures on my travels.. I can go for miles as long as I've got water for both me and the dogs.

Blooming heck craigo3154, you must have jet powered feet! I did 8km yesterday and took my 140 mins and I walked briskly too - you must have really motored some!

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    trixsey1 wrote: »
    pribud wrote: »
    @Craigo3154 What a great walk today Sir Craig! 7k in 53 minutes is good! Add the hills and it is GREAT! o:).............
    Blooming heck craigo3154, you must have jet powered feet! I did 8km yesterday and took my 140 mins and I walked briskly too - you must have really motored some!

I use a racewalking technique. Works upper body as well as legs (and calves of steel :) - years of ice skating). Average < 8.30 min/km uphill and often well under 7:20 min/km downhill (even had a few 6:xx min/km downhill).

I often choose steeper uphills (intense cardio work, breathing hard by the tops of hills) and shallower downhills.

On the flat (walking track) I can average under 7:40 min/km.

To go faster, I think I would need to start running (or at least jogging).

I find walking is softer on the knees.
  • catvlmack
    catvlmack Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes walking and housework
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Just, I upped my excercise to accommodate my mother in law not understanding simple food ordering instructions lol
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,261 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @trixsey1 ditto that, I adore nature, I get lost in walks when I am surrounded by it. I just love all the sounds and smells :) ... one of the pit falls of living in the city is that you have to look for nature, we found a little forest about a 5 min run from us, its full of deer, foxes and twittering birds .. but unfortunately (now that I know all of the paths) its less than a 2 mile circuit. It's difficult to wander when you know all the routes.
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    July 4 (Tuesday)
    Exercised?: Yes (25 minute walk)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Great time with friends yesterday. Went to baseball game last night and enjoyed some amazing fireworks after the game. <3
  • ColwellCat
    ColwellCat Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yup! A morning jog.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yup!