So Frustrated!

Options
Hello! I am just getting back on track after a major slump that lasted about 2 years.
Would love to have and give support from other people living with thyroid issues.

I was feeling pretty awful and made the decision to go off my meds. I've been on the same dose for 10 years and get an annual blood test but that's about all that my doctor does on the subject. When I talked to her earlier this year about my major weight gain, she told me "you're 40 now, stop snacking". 7 weeks off the meds and my TSH went from 3 to 8.4. I expected an increase but not that much right off the bat. Due to being afraid of gaining any more weight I just restarted them again.

My weight literally does not budge a pound, whether I am eating what I like & not exercising or I am at the gym 6 days a week and sticking to a strict diet. Something just does not seem right there. Is anyone else going through this?

Replies

• immurshun
    immurshun Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a kind of similar issue, but not exactly. Mine will budge...but only after ALOT of constant exercise and serious calorie limits. I can lose about 10 lbs and two months going like that. Trouble is, I can't go like that indefinitely....it's just not possible. So, within a week or two of living like a normal human again, all the weight I lost is back and it's like nothing ever happened....
  • QuietInkedOne
    QuietInkedOne Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Do you at least get to keep the 10 pound weight loss when you go back to "regular" life? :)
    There just does not seem to be really clear information out there. I have been back to gluten/dairy/sugar free for the past 3 weeks and using a fitness tracker. I'm reaching my step goals, sleep goals, calorie goals, even doing kickboxing and yoga but that added up to 1 pound weight loss. Everyone else on here that I communicate with is so much further ahead than that!
  • stormimdow
    stormimdow Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can change the form of my body with exercise. But, the number on the scale will not move by much. I watch friends and family shed pounds (they are working hard as well). It is frustrating. I give up often. I jump back in it often.
  • Nawarti
    Nawarti Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have lost 31 pounds so far(in almost 1 year) and 13 more to go. I feel your frustration. I work so hard to lose 1 pound, and I so easily gain back 2 pounds, literally overnight when I am not mindful of what I eat. I feel like I have to be on a calorie deficit for the rest of my life in order not to gain it all back. It is important to keep moving though. Choose a workout that you can stick to. I walk and would like to start hiking once my baby is older. Walking is my me-time when I can clear my mind, get fresh air.
  • techyrn808
    techyrn808 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That's why I started the Keto diet. It goes beyond that though, it has to become a forever lifestyle. I think I'm grieving.