Introduce yourself

Options
LyssahFry
LyssahFry Posts: 42 Member
Hey mamas. This is the thread for you to introduce yourself. So feel free to share a little about your journey, your life and your hopes!

Replies

• LyssahFry
    LyssahFry Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I figure I will start this one. My name is Lyssah. I am 32 years old and 12 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby (well, third. This is our rainbow baby). My hubby and I have been married for 4 1/2 years and we have a 17 month old boy. Can I just say 17 months is kicking my butt-lol. Prior to getting pregnant, I had lost 14 lbs this year and was working toward my goal of 60 for the year. In March is when we had our miscarriage and then in April we found out we were pregnant again. Needless to say, I have gained about 8 lbs back which is a totally different experience than with my son. With him, I lost 14 lbs in the first 20 weeks, because I was constantly sick. With this one, I know that eating helps the nausea, so I know I have been eating way more in an attempt to not be sick, but that is backfiring, obviously. Anyway, I enjoy traveling, reading writing and theater. Looking forward to meeting you all and journeying with you.
  • DDutchess82
    DDutchess82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Lyssah!
    I am Lydia. I am the mum of a 5 and 3 year old boy and we decided to do it one more time. When I stopped the pill I decided to weigh myself and was a stunning 89.4. I decided I cant bring a baby in the world again weighing over 100 kilo. The last time I did that, the birth took 30 hours, the epidural did not work and my baby and I both nearly lost our life.
    So I started eating healthy which in my case just means stop eating chocolate and Chinese take away.
    But then I got preggers like immediately!! Whaaaa
    I cant obviously lose a lo of weight being pregnant but no chocolate and Chinese does see me loose a steady half kilo each week.
    I am hoping to keep this up until week 16; when the weight will definitely start adding. Hopefully I can contain my weight around the 85 or so, my second birth I was around this and my baby (even though he was 10 pound) was out in 2 hours!

I am eating healthy and smaller portions that before. Making sure I wont feel hungry ever but snacking on cherries. I am pregnant with my 2 sisters, who are both in top condition so I am hoping to get some inspiration.
    I am still kickboxing (the kind where you have music and punch a bag; not each other), but my yoga teacher told me to come back after my first trimester. Which is ridiculous, my younger sisters who are both preggers and both GP's in Holland say that the rule of thumb is that you can continue everything you used to do before pregnancy and you only have to stop when your bump is getting in the way or your body starts protesting.

Anyone had experience with over protective gym teachers??
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

My name is Hayley and I'm a first time mama-to-be! I'm just over 10 weeks pregnant and I'm super excited. I started my pregnancy at 180lbs which is approximately 11lbs overweight according to my BMI so I am trying to gain only what is needed! I had awful morning sickness and aversions but I am finally able to start eating meat again and other foods that would've knocked me sick a week ago! Woohoo!
  • Jericha1992
    Jericha1992 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi! First pregnancy here, about 6 weeks along (as of tomorrow)! I've currently got a BMI of 39.1, which is just not healthy in any way. I physically feel terrible (more from the weight than the pregnancy, I think).

I need to get my body back under control and reset healthy habits in this first trimester before a bump starts getting in the way. I'm excited to be in it together!
  • cmbeetle
    cmbeetle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Christina and I am about 6 weeks pregnant with my second baby. My daughter is 16 months and keeps us on our toes! I was able to lose the weight after my last pregnancy, but definitely noticed that my body was not in the same condition...this momma didn't want to go to the gym! I am a little concerned that I will put on more weight and not have the muscle that helped me bounce back before. I'm looking for new friends to help keep me motivated and on track for a healthy pregnancy. I have lots of healthy snack ideas from my last pregnancy if anyone needs them! :)
  • leopard_spots84
    leopard_spots84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm Krista, I'm 9 weeks pregnant with my third baby. Prior to getting pregnant I lost about 40 lbs with this app. With my first pregnancy I took it as a green light to eat whatever I wanted, and gained way too much weight. My second pregnancy was better, but I wasn't keeping track of my calories. This time around I want to keep a firm handle on the weight gain, especially since I just did so much work to lose 40 lbs, I don't want to gain it all right back! The past couple of weeks have been pretty bad with eating so I've decided to get back on track!
    Happy to be here and hope to get to know you all better :)
  • EricaJMomof2
    EricaJMomof2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Erica, and I just found out that I'm pregnant with baby #2! With my first son, I didn't gain much of anything because I was so sick for the first 5 months. I lost nearly 25 lbs this year before I found out. A lot of women in my family had great first pregnancy and then gained a ton of weight with their second and had complications from that. That was the main reason I started losing weight in the first place; I don't want to be bedridden like my mother was. I haven't had my first doctor's appointment yet, so I'll have to talk to her about how much she wants me to gain over the next 9 months, and other nutrition things. With my son, the goal was to just eat something and keep it down. If I don't have morning sickness as badly this time, I can focus on actually eating nutritious food.
  • cvegas
    cvegas Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Carmen, currently 12w3d - this is hopefully going to be our rainbow after two losses in 2012 and2016. I am lucky enough to also have a 12 year old son who is an amazing kid :smile: I am super excited and nervous about maintaining a healthy weight during this pregnancy at 39 I am considered high risk due to my "advanced maternal" age. I am exhausted and hungry all the time and that can be a recipe for disaster! But I am committed to walking 12k steps daily and not over indulging just because I am pregnant. I am always looking for friends who will support and encourage, feel free to add me if you are looking for the same.
  • VegaCrisi
    VegaCrisi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Is this group still active? I was looking for a group that would help support me during my pregnancy, but this one seems to be no longer active. :(