Replies

• Mountaingirl33
    Mountaingirl33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    January 19th here
  • Mountaingirl33
    Mountaingirl33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm also aiming for 20lbs with my third pregnancy. Congratulations to all of you!
  • 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Late to the party, but I'm due Jan 17th with bub no.2.

After a super healthy and fit 1st pregnancy, I've really struggled this time around. I haven't been very active and have already gained 9lb, last time I gained a total of 18lb so at 14.5 weeks I'm well over my target of 18-20lb :(
    Time to reign it in! Goals are 10k steps per day + a pump class and 2x prenatal Pilates classes per week, and start tracking. I'm still carb dominant after first tri nausea, so need to cut that habit and start meeting my protein target. Is everyone still doing 0.5g per 1lb body weight?

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options
    I don't actually know when I'm officially due. The midwife didn't even give me an estimate because we just do not know.
    Scan is a week today!
    But at a guess we said anywhere in late Jan early Feb!

4th pregnancy, my second pregnancy ended in Termination for Medical Reasons (TFMR) my little boy had 0% of survival.
    But had a rainbow girl a year ago! And my eldest is 3!

Naturally due to the past I'm pretty anxious over it all and looking forward to being a bit healthier this time round!!

I wanted to try start with drinking more water but if any of you are like me then just looking at a glass of water makes me want to pee!!
    So glad I was recommended this group anyway!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Also anyone got cravings yet? Mines banana milkshake? That's healthy... right? :sweat_smile:
  • krizaten33
    krizaten33 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Nausea is shut off by carbs. 9 weeks tomorrow. I need to slow down as well. I think ive been stress eating.....eating my emotions... thinking about hiring a doula earlier thsn usual for some help....
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    So far, no weird cravings yet. I actually have no sweet tooth either.
    I do get so bloated after meals, I feel like I'm going to explode.... so don't really snack between meals.

I'm watching the ladies posting in the thread about 'how much have you gained' and measuring my weight progress against what seems to be typical there. So far I seem to be average for people who've gained about 20 (my goal)
  • annaskiski
    Options
    Only 15 weeks, but this is how I feel some days....xkyykkmccp2j.png
  • Bex953172
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I like this one lol!
  • marianlyn
    marianlyn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Anyone else blown away by how many calories we have to eat in second trimester? I just finished lunch and I've already consumed as many calories as I used to eat in a whole day and I still need to eat 1,000 more! And I need to finish mowing the lawn, which will be more exercise calories to eat back. It's kind of fun to be able to eat so much cheese and nuts but it's also a little exhausting!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    marianlyn wrote: »
    Anyone else blown away by how many calories we have to eat in second trimester? I just finished lunch and I've already consumed as many calories as I used to eat in a whole day and I still need to eat 1,000 more! And I need to finish mowing the lawn, which will be more exercise calories to eat back. It's kind of fun to be able to eat so much cheese and nuts but it's also a little exhausting!

I thought we had to eat at maintenance til the 3rd trimester then add 200 extra!
    I struggle to eat 2000 cals as it is lol!
  • annaskiski
    Options
    I think on second tri you add 200 to TDEE, on third 300-500.
  • annaskiski
    Options
    If you look up 'trimester' in the food log, there's an entry for 'second' or 'third' trimester.
    If you set your goal to 'maintain' and then daily add one of the entries, it adds the appropriate calories for you. (I guess if you don't want to manually punch in TDEE + extra as your goal, which seems easier)
  • SaritaJack
    SaritaJack Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    annaskiski wrote: »
    If you look up 'trimester' in the food log, there's an entry for 'second' or 'third' trimester.
    If you set your goal to 'maintain' and then daily add one of the entries, it adds the appropriate calories for you. (I guess if you don't want to manually punch in TDEE + extra as your goal, which seems easier)

I just finally figured out what you're talking about (by following your directions, haha)! That is cool! I was looking under every setting I could find. Except the actual food diary.
  • marianlyn
    Options
    Even initially eating at maintenance felt like such a treat! I was like a kid at Christmas not having to worry so much and being able to eat back exercise calories... I'm trying to stick with just eating more healthy food, but some treats sneak in once in awhile and it just feels so different!
    I'm adding my second trimester calories in steps because the jump otherwise felt so big!
    What are you guys eating now that you didn't while losing weight?
  • annaskiski
    Options
    I was practicing IF, and so just added breakfast back in really. Haven't changed the way I eat, which was pretty healthy anyway. (Well, I cut the caffeine, which I really miss)
  • gingermama29
    gingermama29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been so terrible about actually tracking all of my food since I got pregnant. I'm trying to get back into it though cause my doctor has told me to try not to gain more than 15-25 lbs and take in less sodium.
    Also I posted several weeks ago but am actually due 2/6, not 1/28 like I initially thought.
  • MrsS8214
    MrsS8214 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So excited to see all the new posts! I apologize and admit to not logging for a while as I had pretty bad sickness resulting in a diet of saltines and chicken broth...you can only log a sleeve of saltines and a can of ginger ale so many times. I'm at 17 weeks and determined to get back to logging so I can make sure I'm eating right for our little one! We're due January 18th now and find out boy or girl on the 29th
  • marianlyn
    Options
    So I finally got around to asking my doctor how much weight I should gain at my 14 week appointment, and I was shocked when he said 35 pounds! I asked if it should be less since my BMI put me at overweight before I was pregnant. So he compromised to 33 pounds!? He advised that I just eat until I am satisfied and try to eat healthy foods. For someone who has struggled with their weight for so long and only succeeds in controlling it by logging food and counting calories, this "follow your gut" advice sounds so foreign. I'm trying, but I'm still logging, too. Anyone else have this problem?
  • Bex953172
    Options
    marianlyn wrote: »
    So I finally got around to asking my doctor how much weight I should gain at my 14 week appointment, and I was shocked when he said 35 pounds! I asked if it should be less since my BMI put me at overweight before I was pregnant. So he compromised to 33 pounds!? He advised that I just eat until I am satisfied and try to eat healthy foods. For someone who has struggled with their weight for so long and only succeeds in controlling it by logging food and counting calories, this "follow your gut" advice sounds so foreign. I'm trying, but I'm still logging, too. Anyone else have this problem?

I've been advised to just eat at maintanence
    But add 200 extra cals in the 3rd trimester!

But I tend to eat just under maintanence (1800 rather than 2000) because I struggle to eat 2000 cals anyway.

I personally don't agree with what your dr has said.
    35lbs sounds steep.
    I'm aiming for around 15lb (because half of that will be baby!)
    If it doesn't feel right, then don't do it.

I'm just into the overweight mark for my BMI