Garmin Connect friends

Options
JamesAztec
JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
Switched from FitBit to Garmin recently as I've got more serious about running. Would live to add some friends on Connect. You can find me @ Aztec4Life on there too (real name James Lacher). Just broke 1hour for first time in 10k last Saturday. Training for Half-marathon in Oct and hopefully Full in April. I'm relatively new to running. Had bariatric surgery 2 years ago. Weighed over 400lbs prior to that.

Replies

• pdo27789
    pdo27789 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    That is just all kinds of awesome!
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Congrats on your accomplishments. Unfortunately I don't have a Garmin, otherwise I'd connect. I am also training for both a half (September) and a full (January) and am new to serious running. You're welcome to friend me if you just want support and someone to commiserate with when the going gets tough. I know I can use that sometimes!
  • sheepiegail
    sheepiegail Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    just added you on garmin connect. congrats on starting your 10K and enjoy the the training. I use the Relentless Forward 18/55 plan for my marathons which works well for me. Find a plan that works for you. There are a lot out there. Which half are you doing in Oct? I'm siging up for Mohawk full in Oct.
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    @sheepiegail I'm signed up for City to the Sea half in San Luis Obispo and SLO Marathon in April. Did a practice Half-marathon few days ago and felt great!
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    Just sent requests to both Aztec4Life and sheepiegail. Only had my Garmin 920XT for a few months but love it.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    First off, grats on coming back and doing awesome for your 10k. You can send me a request to GekkoElite. Good luck training!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I'm RespectTheKitty on Garmin. I added a bunch of you. :smile:
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I'm Midwesterner85 on Garmin connect.
  • rgl536
    rgl536 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am on Garmin Connect as Rick
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    You may also want to check out Strava. It is similar to Garmin Connect, but has a little bit more of a social vibe. It can sync with Gramin Connect. There are several MFP groups on Strava, including an MFP Long Distance Runners group and the Monthly Running Challenge group.
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm also training to run a half marathon in October. The long runs have me wiped the next day!
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi. Feel free to add me. Marika Landy on Garmin Connect. Only just started again about a month ago after breaking my ankle and am currently trying to build up my running ready for the London Marathon in April
  • mrstruiz23
    mrstruiz23 Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'll be adding ya'll as well to my garmin connect if that's ok, I have garmin forerunner 935, my username is MrsTRuiz
  • CutieCait123
    CutieCait123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Do any of you guys have issues with connecting your garmin account to mfp account?
  • nicole325
    nicole325 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm Rockstar79 on Garmin - have 2 half marathons in October/November - would love to connect with more people on Connect.
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    nicole325 wrote: »
    I'm Rockstar79 on Garmin - have 2 half marathons in October/November - would love to connect with more people on Connect.

Added you