Abs workouts, and intense workouts

Options
Mountaingirl33
Mountaingirl33 Posts: 80 Member
Hi,
I've been working out throughout the first trimester of this pregnancy and now in starting the second trimester I've noticed after I do intense resistance workouts that I have to lie down and have a piece of fruit right away or I feel like fainting. Has anyone else experienced this?
Also, has anyone modified abs workouts or are you still doing normal crunches and sit-ups? Thanks!

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Since food helps it makes me think thats the main problem. Do you eat before you work out? If not that is the first thing I would try. If you like bananas they are a good sugar boost and light on the tummy for working out on.

It could also be related to oxygen levels.

You might just need to slow it down a bit too. Blood is having to go more places now, and it takes time to build up your extra supply. Your body may just be struggling more as the baby gets bigger to supply oxygen everywhere.

Also, have you been having blood work done? Some women get slightly anemic and need an iron suppliment when pregnant, that would also effect oxygen levels.
  • dydn11402
    dydn11402 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    i have read that if you feel exhausted after a workout while pregnant, then youve done too much. that you should feel rejuvenated, not depleted.
  • Mountaingirl33
    Mountaingirl33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I'm going to try and make my workouts less intense. I have absorption issues so I wouldn't doubt of some levels are deficient and it's affecting my energy. Also, food aversions are still affecting me so I will try and do the banana and make sure I am not on empty. Appreciate your help!