Workouts

Options
What workouts are you all doing? How many days a week do you exercise? What types of problems do you have with exercising from your disorder/disease?

Replies

• meme287
    meme287 Posts: 16
    Options
    I am very limited as to what i can do, I do chair workouts, which I found for free on On demand, walk, do extra household chores, taking the steps instead of the elevator when I physically can, parking at the end of parking lots to get more distance in. I have to be careful, I walked 8.4 miles total yesterday and today I am saddled with water rushing sound in my ears, and severe headache and nausea, I am still trying t find a good balance, I try to push my self to much sometimes, what do you do?
  • Kaylee_F93
    Options
    I try to do Pilates. (Blogilates) I can usually do the work outs for one day (with my hip popping out of place at least once) and then I have to skip a week of exercises because I am to sore to do them. I have tried to do one 15 minute session instead of the 5 or 6 15 minute sessions that it says on the calendar but I still get as sore. I want to walk more but I work in an office so not much walking(one one story too). I also have to wear ankle and knee braces for like 2 weeks if I walk to much in one day.
  • gemjolsnes
    gemjolsnes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have hypermobile joints and am struggling to find exercises that don't risk sublixations/dislocations. People keep suggesting things like yoga and palates, but stretching is a no go. I'm going to try to get back to swimming, but is there anyone here with similar issues that works out at home? Thanks!
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'm fortunate that mine is not severe enough to limit me a lot so I mostly do Taekwondo(second degree black belt) and walking. I have lost nearly 100 pounds with just CICO and these two things.