Day 90: July 15 2017 Milestone 9!

Options
LisaPower123
LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
Happy Saturday & Milestone day everyone!

@TerriRichardson112 & @danelutza19 Thanks for the words of encouragement yesterday!

Yesterday ended up being a challenge that did not allow me to catch on work stuff. My youngest sister has gotten herself in a mess. I suspected that a breaking point was coming, for some time. She has 2 young children that will need a place to stay while she gets out of the mess that she is in. I am not in a position to help. I spent the day feeling guilty, & then angry that she has put our family & her children, in this position of chaos once again. I have worked really hard. I have paid attention to my children & have done it all on my own (with DH of course). I feel that I am going to be judged because I have to take a hard line & say no. I have to say no to protect my own children, my marriage & my business. I feel that everyone enables her to continue to make bad choices, and I will not do it. I have to say I feel fortunate that I had a mini vacation to relax, so that I am able to deal with this situation with a clear head. It is tearing my mother apart. For the last month, since my sister's visit, she has been a mess. She is normally very active, but I see her daily steps have been below 2000 since the end of May. It makes me very sad that an adult child can cause this type of heartache.

Considering this extremely stressful situation, I did OK yesterday. Food was mostly in check, carbs & calories were a touch high because I had one beer after supper. I did not sleep well but I will spend most of my day outside today & hopefully take a nap this afternoon.

Enjoy your Saturday!

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @lpeltenburg I feel your pain . Sometimes it takes one person to say no to make the rest realize the world doesn't revolve around only one person. It's amazing how there is always some one in the group who feels the world owes them . They never think wow look at the mess I got myself in to.

I think you are doing great!!!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Good morning flowers and happy milestone 9!!! Almost at our grand finale!

@lpeltenburg family problems are always challenging. I find that most stress is caused by the uncertainty of our actions. Since you already decided how you will handle this, I think you're in a great place to move past it.

Yesterday was pretty smooth sailing thanks to a nap later in the day. My heavy training session was a bit harder than usual due to an overstretched muscle but some of the lifts were better so I'm taking the good with the bad.

Today I posted a bit later since I got my long cardio session done first :) I'm taking my daughter to the doctor for her checkup in a few moments and then it should all be nice and easy. Goals are to eat within macros, finish my chin-ups and pull-ups, reach steps, lots of water and good sleep.

Let's have a fabulous Saturday!!!
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    @lpeltenburg OMG family is the worst when it comes to things like that. I have a couple of those people in mine. SO I know exactly what you are dealing with.
    I hope for the kids sake that she can find herself on the right path and do whats right for them soon.
    Making that tough love decision is the hardest thing a person ever has to do. It shows your strength and character to do it and hold to it. My best wishes for the whole family during this time of turmoil.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    @monicaa2013 : thanks for the message. I do not understand how someone can do this to themselves or their children but it sounds like she is making every effort to get better. That is all we can hope for.