Vegan Literature

Options
keaunaariane
keaunaariane Posts: 3 Member
Hey guys! I have just recently decided to go vegan after watching "What the Health" and "Forks Over Knives" on Netflix and I am wanting some more literature to learn more about vegan health. I have watched a couple lectures from Dr. Neal Barnard about dairy and Alzheimer's on YouTube. However, I'm still trying to figure out my reason of why I want to stay vegan and I feel like the best way for me to truly convert is to do my research. Any suggestions on vegan books, movies, or lectures I should look into?

Replies

• Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Check out www.nutritionfacts.org. They have LOADS of videos and Dr. Gregor refers to the studies he researches to come up with recommendations. So you can use it to look up a specific food you have a question about, but there are also recorded talks that he gives and they are really really good.

I really like the documentary 'Hungry for Change.' It was on Netflix when I watched it.

Books, there's lots. I don't know the most recent because at some point I just started watching the vids for inspiration. Dr. Fuhrman has a bunch that I've read (but stay away from his recipe books, his advice is good, IMO, his recipes in general are bland and vegan can be so tasty)

Check out https://cleanfooddirtygirl.com/ and join the Facebook group for lots of inspiration and laughs if you don't mind people swearing their faces off. She has meal plans you buy for the week, but you absolutely don't have to. It is great support, there are free recipes, and every Saturday she has an inspirational vid.
  • keaunaariane
    keaunaariane Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you so much!! These are all new resources I haven't found yet, so thank you for sharing! This will help me a lot. :)
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    Here's a documentary I just ran across. It is older, not sure if it's good or not, but I like to watch them all :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIEBb3hyzdI
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    huh, apparently it wants to embed it right here in my post! oops
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    Also in the 'Eating to Live' group here on MFP, we have a monthly thread where people post daily if you like that sort of support. 2 of us are doing a 6 week reboot and 4 of us are doing a yoga challenge for the month.
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hi, there is another documentary called "Fed Up" that helped me refocus when cravings were taking over. I haven't been completely vegan for more than a few days at a stretch yet. Still trying to clean up the fridge of all the cheese we bought last month.