July 2017

Options
2»

Replies

• 1skholloway
    1skholloway Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    @JanolaBarbara you are so right when you say "What works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another. Also, what used to work may not work anymore." I feel like sometimes the way my body works changes from one week to another so I have to change the way I eat/work out. It seems that I'm now on a losing streak.

Wow! @2020pinktogo working 12 hours on a Friday definitely stinks. That's a good reminder to be thankful for my job. Sometimes I lose sight of that with all the little daily aggravations. I am blessed to have a wonderful job. I hope to keep it until I retire.

I hope everyone has a good week!
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    I had the opportunity to take an aerial yoga class last evening. I had never heard of it before until I saw a notice for the class. Silk hammocks hang from the ceiling and end about 3 foot from the floor. We did side planks, chair pose, child pose, and a lot of other stuff. At times we would just swing in the hammock like in a child's swing on the playground. Toward the end of the class, we stretched out the hammock and lay down. Someone came by and pushed my feet so I would swing back and forth. That was really nice. The class was a little challenging and fun. Since it was an introductory class, we didn't do any inversions.
    Unfortunately, the gym that offered it is out of my price range. I may check to see if any of the yoga studios in town offer drop in aerial yoga classes and take one occasionally. If you have the chance to participate in a class, I highly recommend it!
  • JanolaBarbara
    JanolaBarbara Posts: 322 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @2020pinktogo -- Sheesh! Is it every Friday? If so, at least you know ahead and can plan instead of it just happening. I think that would be worse? I know that I am lucky to have such a flexible schedule. Have you found a good pair of shoes yet?

@1skholloway -- On Sat, my dh and I had a chance to try out an aerials silks class. It was fun, and I think I used every muscle! My arms and legs are still a bit sore. XD I'm thinking of taking a series for three weeks. The price is not too bad, especially since I workout from home. I'm always on the lookout for new ways to move my body and get stronger. Glad you enjoyed it. I had heard of aerial yoga but not tried it. I practice hatha yoga at home.

So far, so good. Still doing the TRE. It's something I think needs to be done for about a month before I decide to continue or not. Going to be a hot one here today. Got out first thing before breakfast and worked in my garden for about an hour or so. Wanted to get it done before it got too hot.

Hope you both have a great day!
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Hi, ladies. I was gone so long this time I forgot my password. I don't know what made me think of mfp today, but here I am, touching base. I did well on WW before my vacation. I had a wonderful time in Alaska and Seattle. No regrets, I'm just starting again. Congrats to you ladies for keeping focused and continuing to post. I'll go back and read all your posts some day soon. :)
  • JanolaBarbara
    Options
    Welcome back, @NewOR2015 ! Glad you enjoyed your time off.
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    @JanolaBarbara I have never heard on an aerial silks class. That sounds terrific.

Welcome back @NewOR2015 ! I'm glad you had a good time!

We have had a little bit cooler weather yesterday and today. I usually wait until after to mow the yard but it was cool enough today that I mowed at 2. It's nice to have a break in the hot weather and not break in to a sweat just going outdoors. I wish it would last longer.
  • JanolaBarbara
    Options
    Man, just about melted last week! My nephew left on Sunday, so now I can return to my normal routine. Went swimming yesterday for the first time this Summer (why did I wait so long??). Today, my shoulders and hamstrings are a bit sore but I still went on a good walk. :-) Just finished deep cleaning the rat cage. I'm letting it dry outside and allowing the UV light to kill the germs!
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    I enjoyed the couple days of rain we had. Now, the temperature is crawling up again. I'll be going back to work next week. This week I'm doing what I can around the house and taking care of stuff that I'd been putting off. Prepping today for my colonoscopy tomorrow. Yech!
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Aerial yoga and aerial silks class sound like fun!