Hi Everyone! I'd love to make a few friends :)

Options
awildwomanatheart
awildwomanatheart Posts: 89 Member
edited July 2017 in Social Groups
Hey there! Hope everyone is well and your journey is rockin'! Let me introduce myself, I'm a wife and mother of two beautiful girls, 7 and 5. We have a pitty and a cat. Currently we live in hell aka Florida, haha. Besides being a wife and mom, I'm a photographer and love adventure. I'm pretty much an open book, as I feel being anything but, is kind of a waste of time. As far as my weight journey goes, well, long story short...I had an awakening of sorts last year, in which my whole perspective on just life has changed. Weight, or rather the body, I believe is only one aspect to living and living as a whole person. That's what I want to do, what I am doing, just striving to live...and live whole. I know it may sound ridiculous, but for me, it is a truth that for a very long time I hid from. Now, I'm about 3wks into this aspect of my journey, in Ketosis, and have about 140lbs to go until I reach my goal. Though, it's not about a number for me anymore, it's just about translating how good I feel on the inside to the outside. I'd love to have more active friends on here and to hopefully encourage and support each other. Feel free to add me. Hope everyone has a great day! :)

Replies

• akbryan22
    akbryan22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for more active friends! I love the encouragement and accountability of having friends who log in daily.
  • tofiggy
    tofiggy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for support as a mom of 4
  • mjtaylor87
    mjtaylor87 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    tofiggy wrote: »
    I'm also looking for support as a mom of 4

You are wonder woman to me. I only have 2 kids and i always feel so over whelemed. and now my husband is wanting to have a 3rd. I want to cry just thinking about starting over with a new born.
  • tofiggy
    tofiggy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    ok, I know that this is a dumb question but how do I add friends? I think its great to have each other as supports and I'm hoping to use this site daily.
  • akbryan22
    akbryan22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Click on any of our user names, then click on the name again when the pop up shows up, then select add friend. It's a little confusing since you have to click on the user name twice.
  • shardwilk
    shardwilk Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    HI, I just got back into using myfitnesspal TODAY. I've used it on and off over the past several years. I'm 47 and a mom to 7 biological kids and 3 step kids.

Last year my family and I started eating healthy and I lost about 20 lbs or so. I had cut out eating sweets (I have a very big sweet tooth). But somewhere along the way, I lost motivation and our healthy eating declined and I stepped on the scale last week and was so shocked that it jarred me into trying to get back to eating healthy and exercising. That and the fact that one of my teens has high cholesterol so that encourages me to want my family to eat healthier and get more exercise. I want to lose at least 60 lbs.

I started logging my food today and I actually went out this morning and walked 2 miles. I thought it would be nice to find a group with active members to try to help keep me on track.
  • hollyshealthymeals
    hollyshealthymeals Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I'm new to mfp and am excited to be here! My journey is going to be a long one, but I'm excited to be doing something healthy for myself and my family. Feel free to add me. I'd love to share and support with you.