July 31 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• PaisleyFlower
    PaisleyFlower Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Congratulations to everyone in the winners circle super well done
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    So the 30 lengths of the pool I was going to swim today...my daughter had a temperature and I've had to keep her home from nursery. All the best laid plans eh.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    So true @am_change My husband has an infection on his spine . It took some major arguments to get him to a Dr. Dr is not sure what he has or what is going on but I now have more to take care of. I will come home on lunch to clean it out again so after work I can go for a walk.

Not to worry he is deciding when I should reseal the driveway. I swear he will be the death of me.
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Is anyone changing their calorie goals for the next challenge?

I'm having a hard time deciding how to set mine. Last month, I did 1460 cal., started to lose too fast, felt weak, so I started eating 1/2 my exercise calories. Then I put some of the weight back on. In the end, only lost 1.5 lbs. I've got another 2-3 pounds to goal. I'm a weight lifter, so slow loss is fine. But I'm not sure how to set a good calorie goal for a whole month. It's hard to find that balance between losing weight and having the strength for heavy lifting.
  • trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    July 31st

Exercised?: Yes
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Not 100% yet, but I'm getting better. Managed 30mins of beginner strength training this morning, followed by a 60min walk with the dogs.

Also had to go into town, 38mins, had dinner, then went in the garden for over a hour, including mowing and trimming back the privet. This rain/sun combination we've been having here is making it grow like mad.
    Other chores, general housework/cleaning as usual ( I don't bother logging these in, as to me it's daily chores, not exercise, lol).

Weighed myself today, as it's the last day of the month - that 2lb gain that I mentioned has disappeared along with an extra pound, so that's a 7lb loss for me this month.

I have a feeling this might have been more, but I was burning over 1000 calories some days and only eating 1200 calories back at the beginning of the month and as Craig pointed out, this was probably throwing my metabolism out of whack. Thankfully he stepped in at the right time before I did any permanent damage - live and learn...

Also thinking about getting a bike, so next months activities will hopefully include bike riding too - I haven't rode a bike in 20 years! Will keep you posted on how this goes!

The MFP is allowing me 1320 calories at a rate of 1.5lb loss, so I'm gonna try and stick with this throughout August and dip into those exercise calories if I've done a good burn that day without feeling guilty or mad at myself for doing so - I've come to realize I'll need the extra calories depending on my activities for that day.

I haven't been able to jog for days now (I love jogging!), so I'm hoping to be able to get back into it this week or perhaps next week, now I'm beginning to pick up - I'll take it in moderation until I'm fully recovered.

Still 23.8 pounds to lose to get to my healthy, ideal weight for my age and size, so I'm hoping to have completed this goal before my birthday in December (fingers-crossed there's no set backs). Well, a gal can hope, lol.

@am_change - hope your little one is okay and her fever breaks soon.

@craigo3154 - Good luck with your plans and goals for next month.

@2020pinktogo - All the best to your husband, I hope they find the underlying cause of his condition and can treat it quickly. Take care of yourself too!

Congratulations to all those who have stuck it out this month - my first month here but I have enjoyed being a part of this group, reading your successes and setbacks, your encouragement and inspiration and for all your kind works and PM's you have sent me - thank you and I wish you all the very best for August's UAC!
  • SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes manage to get in 12 miles today while I was out on the trails was good weather and majority of people I ran into seemed happy, Went home did some push mowing followed by some bodyweight training for 20 mins (I'm spent haha)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    142.34 / 125 miles

It's been a great month and a fantastic last day for the month cheers to everyone that's put in effort this month and may we all have a better month in August
  • MyersCrystal
    MyersCrystal Posts: 52 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Congrats everyone in and out of the winner's circle! See you all in August...under a different name however :)
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes..60 minutes Trail Run/Walk, 45 minute Cardio Drumming class, and a 75 minute Vinyasa Flow Yoga class.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yep
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to those who made the winner's circle. Yay! Job well done.
    Congratulations to the rest of us who worked hard and made good progress.

Last week was busy; visitors, travelling, and family wedding. Lots of distractions.

A busy week ahead; new windows coming in and today one of our big old trees was chopped down. Lots of outer chaos which does not bring inner calm. A challenge for me not to emotionally eat!! I will succeed! My new mantra for the month. :)

@craigo3154 Good luck with maintenance. I will be there soon so hoping to learn from you
    @aeshippers No worries.
    @am_change Hope your little one's fever is over soon.
    @2020pinktogo Sorry to hear about your husband's spine infection. Sheesh. I hope the doctors figure things out soon.

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    I am so pleased that so many of our team mates had a great month. There are many winners who did not make it to the Winner's Circle, but still had great success. Remember, this challenge is about building healthy habits. That can easily take several months of trial and error.
    I finished well.
    Calories: Under my limit by a few
    Tracking: checked my calories and poured 2/3 of a beer on the ground.
    Exercise: played outside with two grand daughters tonight and I did 30 minutes of active stretching in the morning.