Hello

Options
pjowkar
pjowkar Posts: 36 Member
I just joined this group. I was diagnosed with mild (that god) Crohn's a year ago. While I have medication to help, it wasn't enough so I switched from a 90% plant-based diet (I'd have dairy and eggs when I'd go out) to a pescatarian diet. I started adding in fish and shellfish as an easily digestible protein in January and haven't had a flare-up since April. Normally I'd get 3 weeks off only get stuck with another one for 4-6 weeks. I may eventually add chicken back in.

Replies

• mmasters63
    mmasters63 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I too was diagnosed in 2016 with mild Crohn's disease. I have had only 1 flare up, 2 years ago, but it took doctors at Baylor 2 years to diagnose me. I do not have any abdominal pain... just the bloating. I am having a hard time trying to figure out the bloating culperates and have tried to partially do the FODMAP thing, but being overweight and trying to do this is NOT helping my weight at all. Low Fiber diet is difficult when you are trying to lose weight. My gallbladder is only functioning at 3%, so the dietitian added low fat... so I am stuck with potatoes/white bread and all this stuff that my brain is totally saying..."THIS IS WRONG". haha. I am trying to go no gluten, no dairy but then to try the no fiber with low fat is killing me. Hope you can get chicken back.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed in January 2015 with severe Crohn's. Remicade saved my colon but I had horrible fistulas so I ended up losing it and my rectum/*kitten* 15 weeks ago and am now sporting an ileostomy and can now eat almost anything I want