What are your favorite healthy foods?

Options
SaritaJack
SaritaJack Posts: 48 Member
Morning sickness has decreased a lot for me, so I can eat just about anything again! Unfortunately, only junk sounds good most of the time.

I need some veggie sides/meal suggestions to help me get excited about eating the stuff that's good for me (and the baby!) again.

Replies

• wantoldme
    wantoldme Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Try fruits first then go to veggies.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Omg I am a fruit hog these days. Any and all fruit welcome! I recently found hidden valley makes a greek yogurt ranch dressing that has alot fewer calories than the origional. Its yummy for dipping raw vegetables.
  • artgalchitown
    artgalchitown Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love lentils as well as roasted veggies, especially sweet potatoes, right now. And also digging a simple salad made of chopped tomatoes, green onion, cukes, olive oil, white wine vinegar, greek seasoning and feta. It's really good on its own but also tasty when put on top of chicken breast, turkey burger patty, or mixed with a grain like quinoa.

Also totally obsessed with watermelon. I could eat two a week all by myself.
  • RAxB
    RAxB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I generally eat pretty healthy, but some days feel like a bottomless pit! This little girl has given me a sweet tooth so fruit has been the easiest way to hit that craving without doing too much damage. On those days I have either a giant bowl of watermelon, pick through cherries that are everywhere right now, or eat a giant cucumber with Italian dressing. Those are my big ones lately! It gives me enough food to fill up, while being relatively healthy/low in calories.
  • jaclynwf007
    jaclynwf007 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Steamed broccoli with butter and garlic salt, green beans sauteed in bacon pieces and diced onion, steamed cauliflower with cheese and bacon, baked sweet potato with butter, cabbage sliced thin, green onions and summer squash sauteed in butter with an egg ( like fried rice) and soy sauce. Cucumbers in vinegar and water, sprinkled with salt. Just to give you some side dish ideas. These are all my favorites!