Day 29 & 30

Options
day 29 & 30
My work had me up at 5:30 yesterday morning ... all day meetings and again today.

I apologize for the slow response.

When you are just too tired to move ...
how to motivate myself to get going? Lol

I need a massage & sleep .. ha ha

Replies

• GoBlue1981
    GoBlue1981 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I tell myself "just 10 minutes" then once I start I usually just keep going for the entire 30 or whatever I'm usually doing those days...because exercise actually gives me energy it's the tricking myself into starting that's the problem. Even if I feel like I need to quit after 10 minutes it's 10 minutes I wouldn't have gotten in otherwise.

Also, I just found the formal "group" today, I'd still been posting in the chain. So "hey everyone"! I'm Amy, I'm 36, single, living with my bf of 3 years and 4lb yorkie. I travel about 50-75% of the time for my consulting job so I'm really working on making better choices when eating out and portion control as I put on a lot of weight (again) over the last couple of years since I started this job.

Looking forward to keeping up here with everyone!
  • maryvbird
    maryvbird Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you Amy for pointing me here. I was wondering where Lory had gone off to after starting the challenge, and the number of participants reporting kept declining.
    And I agree with both of you - motivation to get started moving is the hardest part of this, made even harder when I don't get home from work until almost 7:00.
  • Hauntedhollywood
    Hauntedhollywood Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    GoBlue1981 wrote: »
    I tell myself "just 10 minutes" then once I start I usually just keep going for the entire 30 or whatever I'm usually doing those days...because exercise actually gives me energy it's the tricking myself into starting that's the problem. Even if I feel like I need to quit after 10 minutes it's 10 minutes I wouldn't have gotten in otherwise.

Also, I just found the formal "group" today, I'd still been posting in the chain. So "hey everyone"! I'm Amy, I'm 36, single, living with my bf of 3 years and 4lb yorkie. I travel about 50-75% of the time for my consulting job so I'm really working on making better choices when eating out and portion control as I put on a lot of weight (again) over the last couple of years since I started this job.

Looking forward to keeping up here with everyone!
    good idea... 10 minutes.. then do 10 more.. etc

• Hauntedhollywood
    Options
    maryvbird wrote: »
    Thank you Amy for pointing me here. I was wondering where Lory had gone off to after starting the challenge, and the number of participants reporting kept declining.
    And I agree with both of you - motivation to get started moving is the hardest part of this, made even harder when I don't get home from work until almost 7:00.
    my work has had me working extra long days & multiple early days so I apologize for not posting daily but somedays I just don't get a chance to be on my phone. It's been crazy around here. Still human & have challenges..

• maryvbird
    maryvbird Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    my work has had me working extra long days & multiple early days so I apologize for not posting daily but somedays I just don't get a chance to be on my phone. It's been crazy around here. Still human & have challenges..

Lory - I was also referring to 'I was still posting on the original message board'. I was unaware that this group existed until Amy pointed it out on that board.
    No harm - no foul
    And everyone has challenges. I didn't mean to upset you - sorry about the confusion.
  • Hauntedhollywood
    Options

Lory - I was also referring to 'I was still posting on the original message board'. I was unaware that this group existed until Amy pointed it out on that board.
    No harm - no foul
    And everyone has challenges. I didn't mean to upset you - sorry about the confusion.

I didn't mean to come across upset
    I defiantly wasn't.. just texting sounds that way sometimes. I just was explaining why I couldn't post early somedays or until the next day.
    My work has been demanding.

It's all good :)