New to Garmin

Options
nancypstoll
nancypstoll Posts: 1 Member
Recently replaced my Fitbit Charge hr with a Garmin Forerunner 35. I am loving the 35 & the app. Only thing I miss is my friends & challenges on fitbit since seems like everyone I know has one.

Replies

• dancin_homie
    dancin_homie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but had a question about your use of the FR35. If this is not the correct or acceptable place I can remove it and change its location:

I am currently looking at switching from my Fitbit charge HR to the forerunner 35 (I am looking to add and track more outdoor running to my routine)--do you use it to track your general gym routine outside of running (I.e. Weight lifting, HIIT, misc cardio, etc)? If so, are you able to categorize them as such or are there only certain categories to use?

Thank you!
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hey ya @dancin_homie. I have a different Garmin watch, but I think all their watches use Garmin's site for things like categorizing non-running activities. On my Forerunner 230 I have three possibilities, Running, Running Indoor and Other. For my non-running activity I choose Other and then later I can go to http://connect.garmin.com and categorize it more specifically.

I don't think there's anything preventing you from going to their site and checking out what you can do for yourself before you buy a watch, assuming you haven't already.
  • OnthatStuff
    OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @nancypstoll, there are posts around here where people have added their usernames so that others can connect with them on Garmin Connect. I can't quite get into the competition side of things, but for you, it may provide you with the connections you are looking for. Good luck.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10030565/user-names#latest
  • dancin_homie
    dancin_homie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Awesome--thank you @GaryRuns! I did end up getting a garmin forerunner 35 and am taking it for a test drive before I completely commit :)
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I just found this group. Had my FR35 for about a month (upgraded after my polar m400 died). Looking to add friends on Garmin if anyone is keen (joined the group there, same username)

Most of my activity isn't recorded on my watch as I have to take it off for my main form of training (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu)...