Fenix 5 vs vivoactie HR

Options
richlewis42
richlewis42 Posts: 3 Member
edited August 2017 in Social Groups
Ive been looking at the Fenix 5 and it looks beautiful, but I noticed my current vivoactive has a touch screen and the Fenix does not. I'm not sure if that matters, but a lot of the other Garmin devices have touch but Fenix does not. Any comments? Anyone upgrade to the Fenix form something else and miss touch?

I'm not sure how useful touch is anyway, but it does seem to be an important part of the user experience on the vivoactive so I don't know if I would miss that if I upgrade to a Fenix.

Replies

• larosa217
    larosa217 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Coming from an Apple Watch to the FR935, I prefer NOT having a touchscreen. The physical buttons work better & you're not liable to tap the wrong thing or have to worry about water registering false touches
  • Physick
    Physick Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just got my vivoactive hr a few weeks ago- didn't really care about having touch or no touch frankly, but I see its use now that I have it. It makes it far faster to navigate through different widgets and look at post-run analysis. Didn't go with the fenix because of the price-I do like with the vivoactive you can download different watch faces and modify the colors etc... which can improve the look for sure.