January 2018 Babies?

Options

Replies

• hulahoopmama
    hulahoopmama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm due 12/4... so pretty close to Jan 2018 since I always go over by 2 weeks. Right now I'm at 25 weeks and have gained 20 pounds despite eating only 1.8-2k a day and walking almost every other day. I feel like weight gain is inevitable since I can't diet I just keep putting on pounds. I wonder if its even possible to maintain from here on out. If anyone has any tricks for maintaining through 3rd trimester I'm all ears!
  • 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm due 12/4... so pretty close to Jan 2018 since I always go over by 2 weeks. Right now I'm at 25 weeks and have gained 20 pounds despite eating only 1.8-2k a day and walking almost every other day. I feel like weight gain is inevitable since I can't diet I just keep putting on pounds. I wonder if its even possible to maintain from here on out. If anyone has any tricks for maintaining through 3rd trimester I'm all ears!

I'm all ears too! I'm 11 up at 17 weeks weeks so on a similar trajectory. Curious if anyone has safely slowed things down?

• Mountaingirl33
    Mountaingirl33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm keeping it slow and steady at 17 weeks as well. I'll just chime in here with my own take: each doctor has their own recommendation and everyone has their own body that will respond differently to your chosen additional calories. In my third pregnancy I am not eating for two (been there done that); I'm trying to be moderate and careful about my eating choices because I know how hard it is for me to lose in postpartum and I also know eating nutrient dense food helps nourish my little one. When I ate for two with my first I was much less conscious of nutrition and my experience taught me that when growing a baby it's not just important to consider calories in - it's also extremely important to consider nutrition content (as much as you can tolerate). Other countries discourage women from gaining more than 26lbs to prevent maternal health issues. It's all relative though. I guess I wouldn't take any one persons advice/fitness pal setting, but be comfortable with your conscious decision making and listen to your body's hunger/thirst/fatigue level.
  • marianlyn
    marianlyn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Anyone else having trouble with sleep? I wake up pretty much every night between 1-3am and just can't fall back asleep. When going to bed initially I fall asleep quickly, but the middle of the night is completely different.
  • phreekles
    phreekles Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    marianlyn wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble with sleep? I wake up pretty much every night between 1-3am and just can't fall back asleep. When going to bed initially I fall asleep quickly, but the middle of the night is completely different.

Yes had it for a week before my wedding then a couple of days after the wedding my sleep went back to normal and I realised it was due to stress! I also found I usually had a full bladder at that time of night. Is anything stressing you out at the moment? I've also heard it's a normal pregnancy symptom. I feel your pain!
  • gingermama29
    gingermama29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    marianlyn wrote: »

Every. Single. Night. And then if I can get back to sleep, I usually wake up for good and 6:30.
  • marianlyn
    Options
    @phreekles I do have stress, but unfortunately the cause of my stress is pregnancy related, so it won't be going away any time soon! I do get up and pee each time, but I don't feel like I HAVE to go. Maybe I'll try drinking more water earlier and tapering off before bed.

@mrswheels8 I'm so sorry you know my suffering :( I'm waking up for good around 6:30, too. Which I don't mind terribly. I just wish I got a little more sleep before then. Any tricks work to help yet? To keep my brain occupied in a positive direction, I have started planning what I would do if I won a million dollars when I can't sleep! It helps me avoid going down any anxiety rabbit holes but isn't something I actually need to worry about!
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Found out I'm having a boy!
    My sister was initially disappointed, as she was looking at frilly dresses, but soon bounced back and now looking at onesies with ties. :)

In-laws super happy. First grandson. (4 granddaughters already)
  • jaclynwf007
    jaclynwf007 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Im not sure where to put this question, but for the sake of asking anyways..... Is anyone still nursing while pregnant?
  • annaskiski
    Options
    @jaclynwf007 Try asking this a new thread. I'm sure someone must have some experience with this.
  • jaclynwf007
    jaclynwf007 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    annaskiski wrote: »
    @jaclynwf007 Try asking this a new thread. I'm sure someone must have some experience with this.

Thanks
  • marianlyn
    Options
    Just had my anatomy scan and everything looks good! Baby is measuring at the 46th percentile and has "all the parts we need!" I could have watched that screen all day.
  • marianlyn
    Options
    How’s everyone doing?
    Heartburn is becoming more of an issue for me these days, so I’m needing to eat smaller, more frequent meals. I need to start calling them meals and not snacks so that I make healthier choices
  • annaskiski
    Options
    Yes, getting acid reflux recently. I didn't know what it was at first, never had it before.
    I'm eating much lighter and trying to walk after dinner.
    My baby measured in the 61st percentile. (big boy)
  • marianlyn
    Options
    annaskiski wrote: »
    Yes, getting acid reflux recently. I didn't know what it was at first, never had it before.
    I'm eating much lighter and trying to walk after dinner.
    My baby measured in the 61st percentile. (big boy)

Does the walking help?? How long/far do you walk for it to make a difference? It’s getting dark pretty early here, but I could get on the treadmill if it will help!
  • annaskiski
    Options
    I walk on the treadmill. (fortunately have one). We don't have sidewalks here in my small town, so walking after dark outside is out.

I walk for about a half hour. Before I got pregnant, I used to run for at least that long, now the walking is getting rough :)

Yes, it definitely helps along with the lighter meals. I read that it gets the digestion going...
  • marianlyn
    Options
    I’m going to try to start doing this tonight! Maybe I can get my toddler and husband to join me when it isn’t too dark out.
    For the last week I’ve been waking up in the middle of the night between 1-3am with heartburn! I keep TUMS by my bed and one takes care of it, but it’s really annoying! Maybe the walking will help that, too.
  • marianlyn
    Options
    Hey ladies! Anyone else feel themselves slowing down? I’m getting out of breath doing stairs, especially if I carry my almost 3 year old. Having a lingering cold isn’t helping, either.
    Traveling/not traveling for the holidays this year?
  • annaskiski
    Options
    I'm definitely slowing down. I can't bend anymore (lol), trying to remember to squat now.
    Climbing the 3 flights of stairs to work (used to vault up them for exercise), now is slow going, with a break on the second floor (if no-one is looking).

Walking is rough because I feel that some baby is squishing down on my bladder with every step.
  • annaskiski
    Options
    How's it going ladies? We're on the home stretch!