August 2017

Options
1skholloway
1skholloway Posts: 341 Member
It was good to read your updates on July but it's well in to August so time to start a new thread.

My big NSV for the week was jogging on the treadmill without holding on. I have been scared to jog on the treadmill. I suppose my fear is because I lack coordination. I have read that a person burns more calories if she doesn't hold the handle. I always clip the cord to my clothing that would stop the machine if I fall. I am not a jogger but I am trying to improve my jogging skills. I can walk as fast as some people run. I can't use the incline on the treadmill because it causes sciatic pain. I try to go as fast as I can during any cardio activity to get the best workout possible. I kept moving the speed up as I was able to do more and ending up jogging some to keep up with the pace. It was a great confidence booster!

I hope everyone has a great week!

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I have decided to limit my electronics devices to once or twice a week. Spending time in the real world and not the virtual world. Making small adjustments on my life. Deciding on what brings me joy and taking the steps to get there.
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    @2020pinktogo wow what a great idea! That would be very difficult for me to do. I do need more face-to-face interaction with people. I am working on making more connections that have meaning. I joined a different church and am volunteering to help with events.

Confession time - I ate 2 servings of dark chocolate Hershey kisses today. I logged everyone of them. I seldom eat off plan. I just really wanted the candy today and it took a lot to fill that desire. I could have eaten the whole bag so I was happy I stopped when I did. It was a conscious decision to eat the candy. I should have read the nutrition information before eating it and I might have stopped sooner. At least, I thought it out and didn't eat mindlessly. I may pay for it on the scales but I'm willing to work it off if I gain a little.
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    Oooh! I just noticed that if I workout today, I can burn enough calories to make up for my little splurge. Thankfully, I had a light lunch. I wasn't planning on working out today but I will now. I'm thankful I can burn off the splurge today. It's hard to reconcile that it's okay to eat off plan occasionally now that I'm on maintenance and not feel guilty. I try to usually eat very little added sugar but a splurge is okay occasionally. I'm feeling better about eating the candy.
  • JanolaBarbara
    JanolaBarbara Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo -- Enjoy your life in the real world, and your journey to find your joy. Have you read the book Simple Abundance? I'm reading it now (one of those books where you read one page a day) and she has a lot of good tips on finding your Authentic Self, which is what I am searching for.

@1skholloway -- I remember how scary maintenance was. Takes some getting used to. Glad you are able to burn off your splurge! I also try to avoid added sugar, but sometimes it's what I want! When that happens, I usually bake it myself so at least I have to work for it. Then, I track it and, like you, sometimes it means extra workouts.

Still following my TRE. Not having any problems in staying within my time limit. I was doing really well, but then I succumbed to pizza this weekend. I did log it, but pizza has cheese and I know I shouldn't have any cheese but sometimes I can't help myself. Now I'm still paying for it with a bit of bloat and weight gain. :-( Oh, well. No one to blame but myself. At least I was pretty active this past week.

Tomorrow we head to Yellowstone for a week!
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    @JanolaBarbara I hope you have fun at Yellowstone! I bet you will be very active while there.
  • JanolaBarbara
    JanolaBarbara Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Well, back from Yellowstone. We weren't as active as I would have liked, since we had young nieces and nephews with us, but we managed to do some walks most days. I didn't gain, so that's a win! Leaving this Friday for Southern California. Spending Sat-Mon on Catalina Island for a reunion of mine. I definitely hope to do a lot of skin diving that weekend! Then a few days in Santa Barbara to see some old friends. DH and I are looking to the week, but also to having all of our traveling DONE for a long while.
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    Wow @JanolaBarbara ! I wish I could travel as much as you do. You are an awesome aunt to let nieces and nephews visit you and take them on trips. I hope you have a great trip in SoCal!