Small/medium or large body type?

Options
There is a method where if you put your tallest finger and thumb around your wrist it will tell you what body frame type you are. If the fingers overlap your small boned. If they touch then your medium.. and if they have a gap then your large.. another method is measuring your wrist. If your measurements are under 6.25" your small. If it's between 6.25" -6.5" then your medium frame and if your over 6.5" your large!! What are you?

Replies

• goingoffthegrid135
    goingoffthegrid135 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Small, fingers overlap, wrist is 5 3/4in.
  • shelly24100
    shelly24100 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Large
  • cdseiser
    cdseiser Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Small!
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 of the 3? I just measured my wrist this morning it was 7 inches, but my fingertips just touch... So a medium/large? :smile:
  • Shellybear70
    Shellybear70 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My wrist is 6.75" and my fingers overlap... I think I'll just go with medium.
  • JulieAntler
    JulieAntler Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    medium
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    My wrist is 7", but I have long fingers and my fingers overlap. My doc feels that given my wrist measurement (I don't carry any fat on my wrists) and my shoulder width that I have a larger frame and that a good weight to initially aim for is about 175/180 (I am 6') before looking to go lower.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    You know, I remember doing this when I was at my highest weight, and the result was large framed. Now with the amount they overlap I must be extra small framed.

I have really broad shoulders and wide hips and thought that it meant I was 'big boned', but as I get closer to goal weight (I'm 20kg/44lbs away) I'm realising more and more that my frame is much smaller than I thought. I don't know how it held up my old body at all...
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    lalepepper wrote: »
    My wrist is 7", but I have long fingers and my fingers overlap. My doc feels that given my wrist measurement (I don't carry any fat on my wrists) and my shoulder width that I have a larger frame and that a good weight to initially aim for is about 175/180 (I am 6') before looking to go lower.

Same here! I don't think the wrist measurement has anything to do with it really.
  • ariel1116
    ariel1116 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go with small since I fit a small size Fitbit and my fingers overlap
  • MadusaCait
    MadusaCait Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Okay.
    Hand size really does effect the non messuring tape way of figuring out frame size, so if the messuring tape says you are small, medium or large boned, than that is what you are, nomatter what your fingers are suggesting. Lol
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You know, I've been thinking about this frame thing and maybe foot size is a good indicator. I wear a size 10 or 11 (mostly 10 now with the weight I've lost) and I just assumed everyone that was the same height as me wore the same shoe size. However, I have a friend that's the same height and she wears a size 8 shoe. How does she not tip over? J/K ;) She definitely has more delicate wrists and hands than me. What do y'all think, maybe there's something to that. What size shoes do you wear?
  • jeffica5091
    jeffica5091 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    6’2 and a size 13 in women’s
  • DanielleFayeS
    DanielleFayeS Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and wear a size 9. Though my feet are on the narrow size I wouldn't consider myself small framed. My whole family is like that and tall but solidly built. Even when I was thinnest I couldn't pull off "willowy."
  • murdore2021
    murdore2021 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I was 5'11" till I have both my hips replaced. Now just 5'10" at age 60. I have a full inch gap then I wrap my fingers around my wrist. A 7.5 inch wrist. I always have to get my bracelets enlarged.