Need friends!?

Options
123veggies
123veggies Posts: 3 Member
Hello fellow vegans, glad i found this group and hope its quite active. Today is day one for me here, been vegan for three years. Delicious vegan processed foods put back most of the weight i had lost. :/
Looking to get back to cooking healthy homemade meals and started my workout routine and feeling great about it already. My goals are to lose weight and gain muscle
Feel free to add me, i need more friends. :)

Replies

• orangespd
    orangespd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I've been a MFP user for a couple years now, but haven't managed to make many friends. I've been a vegetarian my whole life and an off/on vegan for about four years now. Processed foods are dangerous, I agree, and I'm here to put it to an end, as well! Feel free to share recipes you find with me :)
  • SarcasmAlert
    SarcasmAlert Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been vegetarian for over 2 years now and recently went vegan! I cook mostly wholefood homemade meals so I'd be happy for anyone to add me too and share recipes :)
  • coffeebean92
    coffeebean92 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request (:
  • jrunion1
    jrunion1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can be my friend
  • happyhikingherbivore
    Options
    I've sent you a request too. I'm trying to break my Oreo habit
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    New here as well. Feel free to add me
  • Sunkissed214
    Sunkissed214 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Back to plant based lifestyle in need of friends. Feel free to add me. :)
  • dowzey
    dowzey Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Add meeee ^^
  • MeganSandri
    MeganSandri Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MyFitnessPal and would love to have some friends on here! Please add me :)
  • whitewinterhymnal
    Options
    Need more vegan friends. Feel free to add me! :)
  • EmmiKatharina
    EmmiKatharina Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am also following a 'vegan/plant-based'-diet. It's been 6 months now but I am interested how others handle it :smile: Add me if you like!
  • dominicmdougherty
    Options
    Hi, I'm Dominic - 35 years old from Long Beach, CA. I have been vegan since April 17, 2014.

Vegan Origin Story: I have a black and white Boston Terrier, and one day he was out laying on the grass soaking up some sun and he looked like a little cow. It was like lightning suddenly struck and it all made sense! If I'm not eating this little guy, why am I eating others? I went cold tofurky right then and have not purposefully consumed any animal product since. I do the majority of the cooking at home, so it wasn't long before my wife joined me in being vegan as well.

I was fit for most of my life and was able to maintain my fitness after leaving the Marine Corps in 2005 by being so active while working in the bicycle industry for nearly 10 years - but 2 years ago I switched to a social work job that has me in an office or driving a lot of the time and the pounds started adding on. I was previously on WW and lost 25lbs, but after they switched up their point system it just didn't work for a plant-based diet - so here I am on MFP.
    Since Oct 1, 2017, I have lost 34.6 lbs of my planned 40lbs.

I started doing the C25K program several weeks ago but pretty much abandoned it around week 6/9 because I felt it was too restrictive. In the run times given, I was already running 5K and was really enjoying it, so I just started running on my own or with my wife who is still doing C25K (she's on week 8). Presently I run about 20 miles per week (5k each weekday, 10k on Saturday) but as the days start to get longer I plan on being outside more :)
    I am REALLY trying to get in the habit of going to yoga on Sundays, but it is just so nice to not do anything too.

I have 3 cats and 2 dogs (the aforementioned Boston, and a Doberwoman), I enjoy reading biographies, historical fiction, and anything about space - black holes fascinate me.

I am open to being friends with just about anyone - even IRL.
    Dozens of my real life friends have started with online friendships (wife included) so I am always interested in meets-up and events.
  • allieriojas
    allieriojas Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Add me! I’m newly vegan and looking for friends.
  • wooooly123
    wooooly123 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Jess. Was vegetarian 2 years, and transitioned to veganism June last year. Wanna lose about 21lbs & improve fitness. Looking to make new friends (especially vegan ones) as I've started back on mfp and don't have many friends on my feed.
    Feel free to add me :)
  • dominicmdougherty
    Options
    I'm just now realizing that I seem to be the only guy around here?
  • cmbentley90
    cmbentley90 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Chelsea from Michigan. Vegetarian since 2009 vegan for about 3 years. Looking for friends and inspiration to lose weight.
  • potatovegan
    potatovegan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I can always use more vegan and plant based friends. There aren't that many of us in this world. The girl bagging my groceries last week started commenting on my purchases, and I said, "are you vegetarian?", she said "Vegan actually". I could have hugged her.
  • Cheatherman
    Cheatherman Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me as a friend, my husband went plant based with me this past November, but none of our friends or family are on board yet