Vuelta 2017 Challenge

Options
TheBigYin
TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
sp8rr8az8f66.png

Well - i'd hoped that we might get something together for this grand tour, but it seems that mainly due to my apathy/exhaustion with starting a proper day-job (went full time, permanent as of 2 weeks ago) I've failed to pull anything together.

So, just to try and kickstart myself into riding again mid-week, I'm going for a personal Vuelta Challenge...

Similar deal to what we did with the team efforts... Try and ride every day the pro's do, even if it's only a minimal distance, and - as a stretch goal, try and ride 1/9th of the overall race distance of 3324km - ie 369.34km

I'll try and log in this thread, if anyone fancys joining in, feel free to do the same...

Once again, sorry things haven't worked out for a "Proper" challenge.

Replies

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    No worries, Mark. It's taken me 6 months to get my mojo back. I'll try to do the same in the spirit of the race and MFP challenge. The GC this Vuelta is looking to be a good one.
  • FitterBody
    FitterBody Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    OK Mark, I'll get started next weekend, as away with no bike this week, and try to catch up before the finishing line.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Here's my "Tracking Sheet"...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19SZxMFdfZ_0mZ-yx_wsjGBdBxhQAcoHmhBKV4SwvAiI/edit?usp=sharing

(it pretty much covers all my challenges back from the first Giro back in 2013 (apart from 2013's vuelta which seems to have disappeared somehow :angry: )

• ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Some (much? most?) of the blame falls to me too. I've been working with Mark to put together a tool to help with the data collection with the intent of having it ready and at least minimally tested by the start of la Vuelta. Unfortunately I failed at that. I got it about 60% done and then got swamped by other projects, life, work, training, etc.

I will get it done, however. And I'm publicly committing myself to doing it soon. Hopefully we can test it on some late-season events and get back to doing proper Grand Tour Challenges starting with the 2018 Giro d'Italia.