Introduce Yourself!

okshia
okshia Posts: 1 Member
Hey guys! My name is Rachel. I'm a college student studying music management! I made this account in 2015 after I fell victim to the freshman 15. During that time the Shia LaBeouf "Just Do it" video was very popular, hence the username....ha. However, I did not start sustaining a healthy lifestyle until May-June of this year. I eat around ~1200 calories a day. My hobbies include hiking, petting cats, and trying to fit alcohol into my caloric limit.
21|5'3"|SW: 155|CW: 135|GW: 120

Replies

• TeaboBaggins
    TeaboBaggins Posts: 2 Member
    Hey! I'm Katie, working full time. I really need to track my calories more accurately and very lazy about using MFP, so hoping this group will encourage me. Hobbies are hiking, gym, badminton, video games and also petting cats.
  • samsimpson2008
    samsimpson2008 Posts: 3 Member
    Name is Sam. I am originally from the US and recently moved to Germany. I had a pretty good thing going back home, and now I am struggling to eat at a deficit in the land of beer and sausages. 27/5'4/SW:188/CW:160/GW:125
  • lovelydannii
    lovelydannii Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! My name is Dani. I am a nursing student who works part time as well. I am struggling to eat better and want to motivate myself to be more active and make better food choices.
    29/5'4"/SW 192 GW 125
  • juliegrabiak1
    juliegrabiak1 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey! My name is Julie. I'm an operations manager for a cleaning account and a marketing student. I subbed to /r/1200isplenty when my weight plateaued after losing around 80lbs and needed some serious motivation to keep making the right decisions and trying harder to continue to my goal weight. My hobbies include cycling, old movies, loving my two beautiful kitties, and eating.
    24/5'7"/SW: 250/CW: 168/ GW: 140
  • robobuttz
    robobuttz Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! I'm Mari. Recently started running and tracking my calories in order to lose weight, especially from boobs. u/catrinathetroll on reddit (username's a fandom thing. Or a personal one, hehe). I'm a soon-to-be law student, attempting to get into lifting at some point, so naturally I will leave your company soon for bulking reasons; but for the time being, I hope I'll manage to lose some more.
  • Rosenwaffle
    Rosenwaffle Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I'm Lux! I work at a nonprofit in upstate NY and more importantly I'm a metal drummer. Nice to meet you all! F24 5'3.5" SW128 CW116 GW112ish thanks for keeping me accountable!
  • keforman
    keforman Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi I'm Kelly! I work in consulting and have a hectic M-Th weekly travel schedule in which I live out of hotels and am on the prowl for healthy food options since I do not have capacity to cook. F24 5'6 SW 136 CW 134 GW 125 or looking more lean. Not eating at 1200 cal but this subreddit has been super supportive so I think this forum can be too!
  • kvcat89
    kvcat89 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey all, I'm Catherine :). I'm a project manager for a software company, so this will be considerably harder during travel weeks, BUT I'm on a 75day streak on MFP and down 27.6lbs! I had a baby about a year ago and had really put on weight during pregnancy. Went from 247-220ish last fall and got back up to 238 this spring before starting up again. This time I'm sticking with it until I reach goal!

F/27/5'2" | HW: 247 | SW: 238 | CW: 210.4 | GW: 130
  • TeaboBaggins
    TeaboBaggins Posts: 2 Member
    Name is Sam. I am originally from the US and recently moved to Germany. I had a pretty good thing going back home, and now I am struggling to eat at a deficit in the land of beer and sausages. 27/5'4/SW:188/CW:160/GW:125

I too am in the land of beer and sausages. It's a struggle!
  • saynosweetanne
    saynosweetanne Posts: 2 Member
    Hey all I'm Kayla! I'm a Project Manager & Digital Marketing guru for a software company (Shout out to Catherine!). I have a 2 year old and my husband is constantly working to "gain" in bodyweight fitness, so staying low calorie is extremely difficult.

For years we've done all our own cooking and meal planning, so it's just a matter of finding the best ways to make low cal for me, and tack on high fat/protein for him.

I don't have a lot of weight to lose, my goals are more about balance and tips/tricks/habits to avoid binging.

30/5'6/SW:145/CW:138/GW:135
  • alyssum0444
    alyssum0444 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello, everyone! My name is Alyssa (/u/Alyssum on Reddit) and I'm a Computer Science major. I'm trying to lose weight while preventing my picky-eater twig of a fiancee from losing weight.

My highest weight was 182 about 2 years ago. My lowest weight was 162 in late April of this year, but summer vacation has brought me back up to 167. Now that the semester is starting again, I'm more in control of my food choices and will start logging again. I try to eat between 1200-1300 calories a day.

I look forward to working with you all!

20 | 5'3 | SW: 182 | CW: 167 | GW: 130
  • anxieties
    anxieties Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi! I'm Claire! I'm a college student working towards an anthropology major and I work at Starbucks. I was in a terrible relationship and broke my ankle last summer, causing my weight to climb to 160lbs. Most of the weight has naturally fallen off over the past year but I would like to push myself to get back to the weight I was 3 years ago when I first moved out on my own.
    Feel free to add me, regardless of stats. I am trying to hold myself accountable and keep motivated as the school year begins again!
    23 / 5'7'' / SW: 147 / CW: 142 / GW: 130
  • pandagalaxy
    pandagalaxy Posts: 19 Member
    Hey I'm Amanda, I'm originally from Chicago and moved to Canada. I gained weight while waiting to get resident status and not being able to work. I had lost the weight before moving up north and kept telling myself 'I've done it once I can do it again' so I'm finally doing it.

I started last October even though my job was less than ideal and I was always stressed about it, I've had a lot of ups and downs with jobs since then and it was nice to know that my weight wasn't just the 'one more thing' that was wrong with my life, I have gotten such great results and am still going. I've just started a new job this month after working nights for too long and am hoping it is the one, I'm feeling pretty good so far, and I have time now after work to start exercising again. :) I try to always give myself a break if I need it, no one is perfect and a bad night wont ruin a good week.
    28 /5"3' /SW: 180 /CW: 146 / GW: 120
  • niccy262
    niccy262 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I'm Nicola and today marks a stone lost since April this year (though only really started trying to lose weight since June).

I'm in the UK and most of the posts I see on Reddit are from people in the US and we do not have the products or equivalent here so am hoping some more people from the UK join so we can share recipes.
  • samsimpson2008
    samsimpson2008 Posts: 3 Member

I too am in the land of beer and sausages. It's a struggle!

Really ?! Can I ask what area ?

• deidre_z
    deidre_z Posts: 2 Member
    Sup. I'm Deidre, I try to live an active healthy lifestyle. Finished college a couple years ago, just got married this year. I work out at OrangeTheory Fitness. Not sure what else to say :)
    28|5'7"|SW: 158|CW: 150|GW: 140 or below