August 21 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    h6mcu71371ic.jpg
    The UAC team has had some emotionally challenging sharing and caring. I thought today would be a good time for a relaxing post. Winston Churchill said,'There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of the rider."
    I feel that way, but I know not everyone does. Is there an animal that soothes your soul?
    Have a great day!

• am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Tracking:yes
    Calories: quite a bit under today.
    Exercise: walking. Didn't get to go to the gym as I had a dentist and hair cut while I had childcare this morning. Probably a good thing as my muscles have been aching!

Another animal lover here, with a lovely black cat on my feet as I type this, but the toddler's just woken up crying so I'll have to share more another time!
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,286 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    late check in 3 yesses today

animals .. I love em all .. every single one .. I'm frightened of dogs but I still love em

this includes insects ...
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Dog walk and a walk up The Strip

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No, I made great plans today that needed celebrating

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes, it wasn't pretty

What animals bring me peace: I have two Pit Mix's who have my heart. They are 7 and 10. Our daily routine is - get up, 3 mile walk, wait for them to cool down, feed them (I feed raw) and then they sleep pretty much for the rest of the day. The ground gets too hot for a second walk atm, but come autumn, they'll get an afternoon/evening walk too. I love to see them sleeping, it's really peaceful to me. On the nature side, I like birds, particularly raptors but one of my favourite things ever, is to watch geese flying in formation, I find it really majestic, the way they communicate and work as a unit, it's a beautiful sight.
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    21August 2017

Exercise: no workout, today. I did some easy walking for 20-30 minutes

Calories: yes. I was under by quite a bit.

Tracking: yes, I tracked it all
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    1. 12, 841 steps today(pickle ball and a 60 minute walk)
    2. Tracked
    3. Just under my calorie limit

When I was growing up we had a stray German Shepherd for about 7 years. My one daughter has 2 cats and her children absolutely LOVE them. It's really neat to see them cuddle these cats.
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    We didn't have any pets when I was growing up, but as an adult, I've really come to appreciate two pets, in particular.

The first is Bruno, my sister's dog. He is a cute, cuddly, and loving maltipoo. I admire that he has a calm demeanour and doesn't really seem bothered by anything.

The second was my boyfriend's dog. She was some sort of herding dog and she brought me great joy. She was my running partner and made me feel so safe, even though she was virtually deaf and couldn't have heard any perpetrators :)

When we started off running together, she was so spry--basically, she pulled me along. As I got better endurance, we ran side by side. Sadly, as time passed, our roles reversed and it was me running ahead of her.

She was such a loving dog. Unconditionally loving and greeting each new day with amazing pep.

She's gone now, but I never would have thought that life lessons could be learned through a pet--now I know better:)
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Yes x3. One and a half days of vacation left, I can do this. Got in a walk with some running intervals this afternoon. I so badly want to love running but I just can't seem to get there.
    I've always thought of myself as an animal lover, I had dogs and birds growing up and a cat in college. But at this point in life I have no desire to own one. My 8 year old daughter has been obsessed with cats since she was little. Even though she's a bit allergic, she can't resist them. (My husband is terribly allergic so we will never own one) It brings me joy to see her attempt to snuggle any cat that crosses her path!
    I do have a bit of a thing for doves. I'm an artist and a lot of my paintings end up with a dove in there somewhere.
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone.........we are dog lovers.........and have a brindle boxer. I always say my husband likes dogs more than people..lol.....Our whole neighborhood have dogs and it is great to see them together as they are all friends. Our dogs are welcome in each others house and are a complete part of the family............we are blessed.

todays recap

exercise yes 40 minutes pool
    calories yes
    tracking yes
    water 13 glasses

Good night everyone
  • marthall
    marthall Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yes x3.

20 mins weights, 1 hour bike ride with kids (so not very far!), 40 min walk.
    Calories well under.
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Aug 21
    Exercise: 45 min power walking--working on my pace
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
    Miles: 3
  • jesscutedol
    jesscutedol Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yes i tracked my macros. Yes i stayed inside my calorie limit. Yes i worked out 60 min of aerobics at home infrond of the mirror so i see my face bounce with every single movement
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    I messed up my dates for posting ,but nothing significantly different. Still one pass day for the month

Maggie in my screen name is a 6 year old black lab. I will be forever greatful for that pooch. We got her as a puppy at Christmas . Then two months later there was major trauma in our community that affected my family. She became our kids personal therapy dog . The power of a pet's love can be amazing.