Like Minded Lushes - August 2017

Options

Replies

• ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    As most of you are-- I am plugging along. I finally got the 2 lbs off that I had gained over the past couple weeks. I hope to keep this up, but you know how it goes. Trying to moderate as well and am having some success. Hang in there fellow lushes!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Aloha!!! I am, also, plugging along!! Some days are zeros and some are a moderate and some are lushy!!!! And some days I exercise and some days I don't...gotta break the bad cycle!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0

Tomorrow I will most likely have some drinks. We are going camping for two days after work on Friday, so I need to do all my packing and food prep tomorrow.
    Otherwise, not much going on. Life is good. We are leaving for the East Coast in 2 1/2 weeks, so I am kind of focused on getting my kitten sitters lined up and not losing my mind thinking about the flights :laugh:

Have a great day!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I am plugging along like the rest of you. Doug is in Alaska this week so taking care of the dogs by myself is a bit more work than I realized. Especially with Bodi not walking anymore at all. Things are starting to settle down and I am hoping for some normal in the near future.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Same here. I had a 0 Monday, a few Tuesday (maybe one too many....) and only 1 yesterday. Kindergarten went well for my daughter! She was a little intimidated by the cafeteria, but today walked in like she owned the place. :)
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    That's so sweet Ashley!
    Is it weird that I'm actually looking forward to staying home today to do laundry? It sounds like quiet heaven to me at the moment.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I bet Syd, with all the running you have been doing, enjoy!!!

Monday-Wednesday=0
    Tonight I am looking forward to a couple beers!!!!
  • rjadams
    edited August 2017
    Options
    so last night I bought a mini watermelon. I bought vodka. This was dinner.

Ashley my granddaughter started kindergarten this week. She really loves it.
  • rjadams
    Options
    So my hubby is home. I missed him. I only had one watermelon martini last night so I call that a win. Have a great week lushes.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Did ok Friday with 4. Saturday I did a keg stand. Which means there was a lot before that. I had a bloody Mary at brunch and half a cider before bedtime. My usual 0 tonight. We'll see about the rest of the week.
  • SoCalWoman
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Keg stand for the win!! :laugh:
    Same ol here. I think we might have a good routine in place for MIL that might relieve some stress. *fingers crossed*
  • ryzeman
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Moderated last night so felt good this AM. We had 93% totality for the eclipse. We used a colander to project it onto a piece of paper. It worked great!

zym4ig05p285.jpg
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Weekend was so much fun! Weather wasn't perfect but it didn't matter, it was very relaxing!!!!
    Going for zeros Monday-Thursday!!!!!
    Have a great week!!!
  • rjadams
    Options
    fingers are crossed for you Syd. Starting to find a rhythm back to normalcy. Well, our new normal any way. I hope to start the exercise thing soon.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Nice Robin!!!!

So yeah, no zeros this week...
    Monday-3 bourbon drinks
    Tuesday-3 1/2 beers
    Wednesday-plan is zero BUT????? I always feel like once I start early in the week, there is no stopping me!!! :huh:
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Robin- glad to see you are getting back into your rhythm!

Mon- too many
    Tues, Wed - 0

Will have zeros to one or two the rest of the week. Blood work on Monday. After which I would like to continue racking up as many zeros as I can!
  • SoCalWoman
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Yay for normalcy, Robin!
    I need to get into the Dr for a physical/blood work too. It's so easy to neglect our own health when caregiving for another. I did manage to schedule my annual boob smoosh.
    In the meantime, I'm drinking wine :drinker:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I actually had 2 0's this week! AND....I slept like crap both nights. I've been busy at work and I wake up panicky thinking about all the stuff i need to get done and can't shut my brain off. I had 5 drinks over 6 hours yesterday and only woke up once. So the moral of the story is, I should drink. :) Which I will do tonight. Eric is doing one of his fantasy drafts, so I think I may walk the kids up to grab fast and easy food (that hopefully have drinks) and ice cream. The weather is amazing here: low 80s and almost no humidity. It was 63 when I left the house. Almost grabbed a jacket.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I've been drinking all week....
    Monday-3
    Tuesday- 3 1/2
    Wednesday-3
    Thursday-3
    Annnddd today is Friday so cocktails and sunset!!!
    Tomorrow is cleaning and beach. Sunday is beach and packing. 7 days until we head back to the East Coast!!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I did pretty good this weekend. Had 4 Friday and pretty much drank all day at the fair and zombie walk after but went to bed at a reasonable time and felt fine yesterday. Got a lot done over the weekend and enjoyed lovely weather.

I'll have my usual Monday 0 and that'll probably be it. We have 2 baseball games and a concert this week. And I'm taking off Friday.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Did well last week with either a zero or a one per night. Bloodwork this AM but I would like to continue the moderation. Have a great week!