How is Jesus helping you to get healthy?

Options
sherryallinger
sherryallinger Posts: 7 Member
edited August 2017 in Social Groups
Jesus is leading me to resources like this MyFitnessPal, Fitbit, and Christian books like Made to Crave, Fighting Fat with Fearless Faith and Joyce Meyer's Battlefield of the Mind to help me see the enemy's lies I have been believing that keep me in bondage to being overweight.

Replies

• AnneM2900
    AnneM2900 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Sherry,
    Grateful that I was given a healthy body and I realize it is my responsibility to take care of it. God has graciously allowed me to be a steward of my health and I don't want to disappoint Him anymore. I haven't always made good decisions on diet and exercise but I'm determined to honor Him and be in my best shape to serve in His kingdom. Blessings to you :)
    Anne
  • sherryallinger
    sherryallinger Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there Anne,
    That was wonderfully said. I have been focusing on that too, trying to get His temple cleaned up.

That was cool that you first started with being thankful for what you have, a healthy body. That made me stop to pause and reflect, that yes my body is healthy enough to do a lot of things, fingers that type, legs that can hold my body upright to walk, a mind to make decisions, a mouth to speak. Thank you for raising my awareness of the gifts I have "now" versus just being focused on a future state of health.

Blessings to you Anne