What's on your mind today?

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
This is where we let everyone know how we are all doing with this month's challenge, or you can just share what's on your mind. Recipes, ideas, workouts, anything that you think might be helpful to others.

Maybe, you've tried something that has worked for you in the past and would like to share it with the group. Maybe, you have a NSV (Non Scale Victory) that you would like to share with the group. Anything that you feel comfortable sharing or anything that you feel comfortable asking the group with help....this is the place to come.

The GOOD!! What NSV did you have this week!!
The BAD!! So what....you ate the whole thing!!
The UGLY!! That darn scale went through the window this week....it deserved it too!!

What's on your mind today??

Replies

• sarah30isael
    sarah30isael Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I need to be in this group. I need accountability with these calories... I don't have a scale yet but I am taking measurements and exercise. I did good my day 1 with MFP but screwed up day 2... ready for day3.
  • gerricr
    gerricr Posts: 14 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Well, I did good today, stayed on track. Logged my food & Exercised,walked for 2 hrs. I am trying to eat a bit later to avoid snacking. Was invited for dinner with friends & declined because It was a fish fry at a sportmans club & I know that's not a good choice. I will go next time where I can have better choices. I hope my elforts show Improvement. Hope everyone else is havinging a good day!!!
  • gerricr
    gerricr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Did good today, stayed on track. I have been cleaning all day. Washing floors, dusting, kept moving all day as my exercise. Haven't stopped until now. I have been so motivated & have so much energy today!! Still have calories left & will enjoy a healthy snack with my tea!! Hope everyone is doing well!!
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,301 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I failed last month, I seemed to spend most of my time fighting off back pain and tiredness, and its not looking like there's much improvement as we are ready to enter a new month. I woke up yesterday unable to get up and down with any ease. sleeping is also difficult ... so we shall see how I get on for September, I need to keep a cpl pass days as its my hubbys 50th this month and I am sure there will be a cpl days at least where its impossible to count calories.

I wasn't successful in my Aug aims but did still manage to lose weight and size I only managed 209 of my 300 miles in August but intend to do the full 300 this month even if I need to crawl it! my calories were on point but with the lack of exercise and the water weight due to my back it means my weight has been going up for the last week.

I am a daily weigher and I like to average my calories as I believe it tells a better story than looking at the last day of July till the last day of aug (which would only show a 0.6lb loss) .. my avg weight in July was 200.9 and aug was 197.8 which means I have dropped by 3.1 lbs which I am very happy with!

Good luck to everyone, heres to a successful September!!!
  • marthall
    marthall Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

This is my 2nd UAC, and I didn't have specific goals for the first apart from taking part daily. But moving from Aug to Sept is a natural time to re-evaluate and set some more goals. I've started weight training (which is new and confusing for me), and complicates my goals. I'm no longer aiming to loose weight as fast as possible and instead want to retain/build on muscle whilst loosing fat. Of course it's becomes harder to consider success as scale weight stops dropping most day and becomes more level. Am I eating more than I think? should I cut Calories? But I need to get my protein up and not loose weight too fast.. But I'm a little behind my original Goal of achieving my goal weight by Christmas. Do I let go of this Goal? Or should I show determination and reach one Goal before starting another? will my progress with weight training stall/fail because I am not eating enough?

So I've decided that the goal is to be healthy and look good which means muscle as well as less fat. I will have to be patient to get there and it will take longer than the rest of this year so I will reduce my calorie deficit goal a little to accommodate increased protein and support weight training. I'm still targeting a deficit big enough that I should still be loosing noticeable weight.

September Goals

Continue to log in MFP every day
    Weigh in daily when possible
    Weight train 3x per week
    Extra light activity every day
    Be below my estimate for maintenance calories every day (This does include exercise calories)
    Aim for an average net calorie deficit of -400 per day
    Aim for an average protein intake of >100g per day
    Be part of the September UAC group
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to this challenge. I am coming back after a break (or two) in my foot. MFP helped me get fit and shed a lot of weight but when I got injured I really lost motivation. The injury has caused a long term issue where my foot has rebroken a couple of times and my ankle sprains monthly but I have discovered cheap artificial ligament (aka Gaffer tape) which I use to literally stick my foot to my leg when I exercise. So far so good but now I am motivated I want to undo the damage. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you as we push on to meet our goals
  • trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Recipe for rustic chicken breasts...1 serving = 194kcals, 10.8g fat, 4g carbs, 19.5g protein, 311mg sodium

Can be cooked on the barbecue, but our summer days are almost over here in the UK, but it can be placed under the grill or cooked in the oven (I cooked mine in the oven covered with aluminium foil).
    Serve with your preferred side dish.

Ingredients will serve four.

½ clove of garlic, sliced
    5ml of chilli pepper sauce of your choice ( I used Sriracha sauce)
    1½ tablespoons maple syrup or honey
    2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
    2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
    3 tablespoons rice vinegar
    Dash of salt
    4 skinless chicken breasts (use chicken thighs if barbecuing)
    1 lime cut into wedges

Method:-

Mash garlic into a paste.
    Mix chilli pepper sauce, syrup or honey, soy sauce, mayonnaise and rice vinegar into the garlic until well combined.

Place the chicken breasts into a baking dish and pour over the marinade. Stir well until all the chicken is coated.
    Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours.

Take the chicken out of the fridge, unwrap and sprinkle with salt.

Place a sheet of aluminum foil over the baking dish and cook in the oven - alternatively, cook under a medium grill, turning occasional until cooked through (don't remove any of the marinade).

If cooked on the barbecue, use chicken thighs and cook for around 12/15mins turning the chicken until no pink remains.

Leave to rest, serve with lime wedges.

Eat as is, or serve with a side dish.

Maple Syrup Salmon - ingredients will serve 4.
    1 serving = 256kcal, 12.4g fat, 14.1 carbs, 23.2 protein, 633mg sodium

Is quite versatile and can served a number of ways - with rice, steamed vegetables of your choice, salad, new potatoes, pasta...etc

3 tablespoons maple syrup
    2 tablespoons light soy sauce
    1 clove garlic, minced
    ¼ teaspoon of garlic salt
    ⅛ teaspoon of ground black pepper
    500g salmon (defrost if bought frozen)

Method:-

In a mixing bowl add the syrup, soy sauce, garlic, garlic salt and pepper.

Place the salmon in a baking dish and coat well with the mixture.
    Cover with cling film and marinate in the fridge no longer than 30mins (turn once).

Preheat oven to 200°c (400°f) or gas mark 6.

Cover dish with aluminum foil and place the dish in the oven (middle shelf) and bake for around 20 to 40mins (depending on thickness) until easily flaked with a fork. Remove foil for last 5 mins of cooking time.

Serve.

(Might be a little too sweet for some, add a little freshly grated ginger if desired, brown sugar can also be used instead of maple syrup)