Like Minded Lushes - August 2017

Options

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I managed to get out to a party over the weekend. My niece is having a baby and my brother threw a party/shower. I drank plenty of wine :drinker:
    Today I'm meeting a friend for a late lunch near the beach. She's here for family medical issues so we are quite the duo when we get together trading care giving stories. It's nice to get out though!
    Hope everyone has a great week!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Weekends...too damn short ;) We had a good one...cleaned Saturday and beached and other chores yesterday!
    So I should really not drink this week, well until at least Thursday, but ???? We leave Friday evening for PA/FL.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Mon - 0
    That is the only one that will likely occur this week. I have slept so great the last 2 nights. Much improved from last week.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    So on to the next issue. Taking Bodi to the vet this afternoon because he has developed some kind of issue in his right front shoulder. Since the back legs don't work and one of the front ones is bothering him... well you get the picture. I have had a steady stream of vodka and cranberry over the weekend and Monday. I don't see a change in the near future. Gary somehow I missed your eclipse picture. very cool. Syd, I have to make my appointments too. I haven't done the boob squish either. It is just so inconvenient to get that crap taken care of.

I am taking Friday off. I love 2 four day weeks in a row. Keep on lushing peeps!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Let us know how Bodi makes out Robin!!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0?
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Poor Bodi. :'( Hope you can get him comfortable, Robin.
    Things are kind of quiet here right now. This is a good thing.
    Kate, you're going to have to start drinking soon so that you can pack for your trip. Packing=cocktails. :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Robin- sorry to hear about Bodi. My thoughts are with you.
    Syd- it is nice to hear things have quieted down for you. At least for a bit.
    Ashley- a zero is a zero- even if its the only one this week!

I am still moderating- one or two a night. Of course legalized pot helps... :D
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    so we are now a $1000 bucks in and have no answers. I don't think we want to spend anymore. I had no problem spending the money when he was 5 and still had hope. He is now 8 and life has been tough these past three years and I don't know if I can justify putting thru a bunch of procedures and spending thousands of dollars. My heart is so heavy with the decisions that have to be made. For now he is on an NSAD and Codeine. we shall see what happens.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Robin- very tough decisions. I know you will do what is best for Bodi. I will keep you both in my thoughts.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    So sorry Robin. We had a very sick old dog that in retrospect we let live a little too long. It was such a hard decision to make, but while a sad day, also one that also meant relief. <3 Hugs.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I'm sorry, Robin. Sending hugs
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Drank a fair amount over the weekend but not terrible. Watched football and made chili Saturday. Yay fall! I had 2 beers and 2 small glasses of rose' yesterday. Tonight will be a 0.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    One project I never got around to this summer with all the health issues MIL had, was replacing all the carpeting in our bedrooms. Things have quieted down so I guess I'm going to tackle that. Do I sound thrilled? :drinker:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    No 0 Tuesday. Quite the opposite: wine and fire pit with the neighbors.
    Yesterday I had 4 beers at a birthday party over about 4 hours and came home and drank La Croix. Not sure about tonight. It's chilly here which makes me want red wine. I love this time of year.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    White wine here. No 0's
  • ryzeman
    Options
    No zeros here either. Lots of ash from the wildland fires. Filtered sunlight. Perfect drinking weather.....
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Fires, hurricanes, earthquakes...mother nature is pissed off. She needs a cocktail :drinker:
    Have a good weekend lushes. Hope you're ok, Robin. Been thinking of ya
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Heading out to Mt Adams tomorrow for the annual campout with my high school buddies. See ya all Thursday!

And yes, Sydney, mother nature IS pissed off!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Enjoy Gary! I expect pics >:)
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Thinking about you and your pup Robin. :'(