shenry111
shenry111 Posts: 4,155 Member
Good Morning!

Replies

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,155 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

In thinking of 9-11, I want to give a special thank you to all of the first responders, and those that go in harms way to protect us. Thank you!

My DBIL and DSIL live in Ft. Meyers. They spent the weekend in a shelter. I don't know if they will get to look at their house today or not. My DBIL wanted to ride it out a home, but DSIL is smarter than he is, and they went to a shelter.

Sam, thinking of you, as the storm heads your way.

Sally Sue got to take off her cone of shame yesterday. Her ear is healing nicely.
  • wethlaw
    wethlaw Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Good morning Men. Back again after a significant absence of travel, work and family matters. Has been a great end of the summer but now back to the real world. Hope you have all been well and have escaped the dangers of Irma. Keeping our hearts open for those who have lost so much as well as for the memory of 9/11. Blessings to all.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,598 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Good Morning. Unexpected heat spike yesterday to triple digits kept us inside after an early morning walk with DW for coffee and home through regional park. However in the afternoon she informed me it wasn't too hot for me to go out and get her ice cream. It is amazing what a smile can get you to do. Spent the afternoon relaxing and making Hungarian Goulash which was fantastic. Heading to the pool in an hour. If temps come down enough I will be doing some succulent transplanting out on the patio. I was looking at some 9-11 images and remembering the feeling of disbelief, denial and almost disorientation I had as a former NYer. First responders....no words....
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,982 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Haven't seen much about Irma, yet, this morning. Praying for all those affected.

There is very little attention being paid to 9-11 these days. I wish there was a way to get people to remember the feelings of horror, sadness, fear, determination, and unity that bound the nation, at least for a short while. And I wish most of the country even had a little bit of awareness that thousands in uniform are still deployed in combat that began on that aweful day.
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Amen to all of that. People in my hometown 50 miles away in So. CT could see the column of smoke rising. A horror for sure. That a dozen evil men could commit such an unbelievable travesty is hard to conceive, yet the goodness of the hundreds who gave their lives for others that day is what really matters, I think.

My 85 year old cousin stayed home in E. Central Florida last night. "Been here since 1960 and those things never bothered me. "