Like Minded Lushes - August 2017

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Okay so I fell off the face of the earth last week. Bodi is running and chasing balls and waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge. Last week sucked. I am coming around and I know it is for the best but damn it hurts. I loved that dog soooo damn much. :cry: Needless to say I haven't been doing well with the booze. I have started walking Ritter since we can now without doggie meltdowns so that is good. We said goodbye to Bodi on Sunday the 3rd. Sorry I wasn't around to start the new thread. I like the every other month thing anyway. Take care lushes.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Oh Robin. I'm so sorry :'(

Don't worry about the thread. I figured every other month is fine too.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    I know I don't check in here often but thought I would drive by.

Robin, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how bad it hurts. I hope you can take comfort knowing he is not in pain and hopefully he will find my Jewel at the rainbow bridge and are running and playing tug together.

I am still lushing away, not really focused on my weight or health for that matter, just going along with life at the moment. Which at the moment consists of sipping wine waiting for Irma to vacate the area, grateful that I do not have to go into work today or tomorrow.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    :'(<3 Robin
  • rjadams
    Options
    Hanging in there. So the anonymous b is back complaining about my dog barking all day long. Um hello Doug is home all day except maybe an hour here or there and the dog behind us barks all day. She was going to file a complaint and I will have to tell animal control that it isn't my dog but the dog behind me. If the coward were to talk to us instead of leaving anonymous nasty grams we could tell her that but we don't know who the f she is. I am ticked off.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Hi wolfie! Hope Irma didn't cause too much damage for you.
    MIL back in the hospital. As bad as that sounds, I'm relieved. I know she's getting the care she needs.
    Extra wine last night after a long day
    I dropped another pound.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Anyone hear from Kate? I think her trip back here to the mainland included Florida. Hopefully Irma didn't affect her too much.
    MIL in skilled nursing. Fell and broke her elbow. They're hydrating her and she seems to be resting comfortably.
    I'm still mayor chardonnay town here.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Hang in there Syd.
    It is really quiet around here right now. What's up with that, Lushes?
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Just got back from my annual trip to Mt Adams. Beautiful weather, but no campfires allowed as it has been a hellacious fire season. Robin sorry to hear that Bodi has passed. Our pets give us so much, I believe we enrich their lives as well.

Syd- you have been a rock for you family. I am sure they love and appreciate you for it!

Not losing any but am moderating a little bit. Gotta stay focused!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I'm chugging along.... I've had a couple drinks each night, drank nearly a bottle of red Tuesday. Woke up in the middle of the night with a headache, but luckily Wednesday is my day off so we all slept in till 8. Well not Eric, he went to work at like 6:30. Probably more of the same tonight.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Aloha everyone!!!!
    Yes, Syd, our trip did include Florida and sadly we were affected and our trip got extended an extra 4 days!!!! At first the storm was on the east coast with tropical storm conditions on the west BUT that changed drastically and we were unable to get out Sunday as originally planned. AA kept canceling our flights so we have to rebook with delta and we flew home on Thursday. We spent two nights at the local middle school, it was definitely not a dream vacation but we were so happy to be with my parents and help with the clean up, which fortunately was not as bad as it could have been! We are so fortunate to not have the devastation that the keys and Naples endured!!! Clean up took 3 days and a million bug bites and some blisters later, we got it done!! My parents got their power back Thursday night!!!
    Yesterday was low key and this morning we were up super early (still on east coast time) and hit the beach.
    I'm looking forward to getting back to reality and on a healthier diet and exercise!!!!

Robin-I'm sorry to hear about bodi, always a tough decision! Hugs xo

Sydney, ur MIL can't catch a break...poor thing and poor you...you r a good daughter!!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Wow, Kate! Good to see you back home safe. Probably not the vacation you envisioned, but glad you're all ok.

Plugging along here. Booked and paid for a week in Palm Springs months go...supposed to go next week. We're going to try to go for at least a few days but of course it all depends on what's going on with the MIL. The good news is, it's only a 2 hour drive away, so we can always come back if needed. We need this time desperately so I'm going to do as much work here ahead of time to ensure MIL has the care she needs. She doesn't really understand what's going on anymore, so it's hard knowing she might be wondering where we are while we're gone. The guilt in care giving is a horrible thing. :/
    Wine here, as usual. I'm still drinking white, but it is starting to feel like fall, so I'm thinking the red wine will start up soon. :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Wow Kate- in a way it was fortunate you were there to help your parents out - either way, its a very interesting twist to your vacation!

Syd- I am wishing you a fun guilt free vacation!

Plugging along as usual. Starting to switch from booze to light beer. Its a start right? We finally got a good dump of rain, so the wildfires will start winding down.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Wow Kate! Glad everyone is ok. Hugs to all that need them. :)

Also still plugging along. Drank quite a bit Saturday on the lake and it was a great time. Gorgeous lake and cold refreshing water. Perfect weather as well.

Sunday had 2 ciders and drank domestic beer all day on the golf course yesterday. I think we'll be trying for 0's today and tomorrow.

We have a music fest Saturday for the first of my 2 birthday weekends. We'll see Steve Miller Band, Eddie Vedder, Band of Horses, Amos Lee and others. Should be fun!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I AM SO JELLY Ashley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun and give Eddie a kiss for me ;)

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
  • SoCalWoman
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Whoa, look at Kate's 0's!!

The son has his annual start of the college year man-cold. He's pitiful. Told him I can only deal with 1 dying family member at a time, so suck it up. :D
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Thanks!

I had a 0 on Tuesday. I've had drinks every other night. Don't see it stopping anytime soon!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    I got a zero in on Tuesday as well! The other days, not so much!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-going for another but Thursday....
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I had every intention of drinking several glasses of wine and catching up on Teen Mom 2 (don't judge ;) ) but after one glass, I was falling asleep. I did have a domestic beer and small cocktail before. Not bad for a Thursday.