Roll Call/Tuesday~9/12/17

Options
manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,718 Member
Mornin' gents.

Family in FL hunkered down in Gainesville without power, but no flooding. Me dad's apt complex in JAX suffered some damage but no flooding, but it is still closed. Its a retirement facility and they evacuated everyone. So dad and his wife went to me sister's place in Gainesville.

Sunny and mild in NW CT.

Be OP ;-)

Replies

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,982 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Glad your family members in Florida are OK, Lee.

On the edge of catching DW's cold. We'll see how it goes.

I want to clean up and reorganize my shop. I need to find space for a new, much larger, heavier lathe.
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,155 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

DBIL and DSIL in Ft Meyers returned home yesterday. No electricity, boil order on water. They didn't have any flooding, and minimal damage to house. They do have tree limbs down. They were very lucky! Russ is worried about when he can return to work at Bass Pro. Hopefully very quickly! No work, no $$.

Dave, I bought two big new metal cabinets to try and clean my garage, so that I can get my truck in there to work on it. I got one cabinet set up, and was trying to put it in place, when a chunk of concrete board that I had moved aside fell into the front door of the cabinet. Put a big honkin' scratch in a new cabinet. It hurts, but breaks it in, so I don't have to worry about it going forward. I hope it buffs out some. Sigh.... Still have a ton of work to do, but don't know when it will get done. I envy those that are retired!

I bought a solar kit for my greenhouse in March, and still don't have it installed!

Have a great day!
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. Glad to hear the good reports from Florida. I enjoyed a good mat workout yesterday followed by a pretty good lap swim. I through in 250m of various water walking to see what that would do besides leave me tired.
    We actually got some rain last night. The Giants game vs the dodger vermin was actually delayed. A rare occurance here. I tried some Mediterranean cooking from one of my classes last night. Got the big thumbs down from the family. Seems they don't like too much parsley, cilantro or mint among other things. If I were home tonight they would be getting bland overcooked turkey burgers with undercooked oven fries. Not that I am bitter.
  • wethlaw
    wethlaw Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Morning Men, Seems like my family also dodged the bullet in Fl...brother in Tampa and Sister in law in Sarasota. No power but thankfully no damage. Hope you are all well.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,678 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    I fully understand Bill, heard from DGK's how they don't like herbs and to try new things; tough, I like variety, or I could just not cook. Tried that last Sunday night, DMIL was looking through our pantry looking for cereal , finding none she asked about canned soup, we do not generally buy canned goods either. I reckon getting something out of freezer would have been to much work.
    Don't know if I'm ready for retirement or if DW is ready for me to retire, but date I've set at times seems way off and other times seems to be coming fast. June 28, 2018
    Dave, you may need an addition to shop.
    Off again today, office closed. Got 4.5" rain yesterday.
    Many trees down in town and signs blown down, tin roofs ripped. Time to begin cleanup.
    Enjoy the Day,
    Sam I am

9/16
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Dave, with big enough lathe you can start make bathtubs. Got repair kit from iCracked.com and replaced my shattered screen. Toolkit includes tweezers, 3 tiny screwdrivers, suction cup, guitar pick... Worked, amazingly, when I got the last screw back in and turned it on. Loke new. Screws are size of gnats.

Packing this week for next week's camping trip. Looking forward to it. Babysitting tomorrow for two GDs.