Anyone a picky eater??

Options
I have a lot of trouble with losing because my diet is absolute garbage! I wish I had a better reason than to just say I'm a picky eater but it's such a hard thing for me to get over! I really really need to get more veggies and way less sugars and carbs but it's so difficult. Any reformed picky eaters out there that have tips?? Cause at this point I'll take anything!

Replies

• downthexrabbithole
    Options
    I eat everything under the sun. And I track everything that goes into my mouth. Even if I go over my daily points in WW
  • kasleighx3
    kasleighx3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm a picky eater!! I've gotten a lot better from when I was a kid but I just don't enjoy most veggies and fruits. It's not necessarily the taste but I don't like the texture. Not many tips other than I try and mix my veggies into other parts of my meal I like (such a kid thing to do I know lol)
  • jennmbush
    jennmbush Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm terrible. I have this horrible thing where I convince myself some thing is disgusting and so if I eat it then I get so grossed out. I ate a bad bagged salad last year and so now all salads gross me out. I'm really about not eating sweets and I always eat the right amount of protein but I'm terrible about eating veggies.
  • morganam13
    morganam13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a picky eater, but sometimes it works in my favor. Like for the most part I like bland foods, and there's only a few sweets that I like. After starting this app, I've found my main problem is undereating (a few days where that's not the case lol). But normally I never meet my daily goals in anything, I've had a few days where I didn't even get 1000 calories cause I'd only have one meal or something, so I have to work on that!
  • ashley_snyder92
    Options
    kasleighx3 wrote: »
    I'm a picky eater!! I've gotten a lot better from when I was a kid but I just don't enjoy most veggies and fruits. It's not necessarily the taste but I don't like the texture. Not many tips other than I try and mix my veggies into other parts of my meal I like (such a kid thing to do I know lol)

It's the texture for me too!! And between work and school I also tend to eat out quite a bit for lunch. Which is another thing I need to change big time!
  • kasleighx3
    kasleighx3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    kasleighx3 wrote: »

It's the texture for me too!! And between work and school I also tend to eat out quite a bit for lunch. Which is another thing I need to change big time!

I have to stop eating out so much too! I'm just so lazy and do not enjoy cooking at all. It's easier to go out. But not so great on the wallet and diet lol
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I started using a meal delivery system-home chef-since I am not much of a cook and didn't really like a lot of foods. It has really pushed me out of comfort zone and I am eating a lot better. Plus, I force myself to cook since the meals aren't cheap. Being single, I can usually get 3 -4 meals out of their 2 servings so 3 meals covers my week.