real life tekken / tkd

Options
Soy_K
Soy_K Posts: 246 Member
my friend eric is a stunt person and film maker. i thought especially the tae kwon do folks would enjoy this hilarious and awesome clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rniWrtAiWuU

Replies

• Valsgoals
    Valsgoals Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Watching those side by side was pretty funny, and neat. Thanks Soy!
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    My sons will get a kick out of this! It's pretty amazing.
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Respect - he's got pretty good technique and great timing in his combos!
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    He's a talented dude! I'm impressed for sure!
  • trackercasey76
    Options
    What is that device he's kicking called? I'd like one
  • Soy_K
    Soy_K Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i'll ask him but i'm going to gamble that it's self made :D
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Options
    Soy_K wrote: »
    i'll ask him but i'm going to gamble that it's self made :D

I was wondering the same - that thing looks pretty awesome... would love to add that to my home practice!
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Is it the Bas Rutten Body Action System? https://bodyactionsystem.com/
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I think it's this one, actually.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blitz-Multi-Kick-Punch-Equipment/dp/B003R2QFV6

And here is the manufacturer's site - I have an inquiry if they sell in the U.S - the automated reply said they'd get back to me on Monday. :neutral:

blitzsport.com/Multi-Kick-Punch
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I've seen them sold as:

Paddle Target Tree

Paddle Target Stand

Dueling Stand

Sparring Tree

Sparring Stand

All will get different results on amazon, there's a bunch of variations/builds/etc. Sometimes they'll recommend one if you're looking at wavemaster products. The ones we have at our Dojang are numbered 1-6 and you can configure where the paddle targets are situated.
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Options
    One thing I really like about this particular one is that the paddles are very long and far away from center... reduces the risk of injury if you miss the target, while they are flexible enough not to knock the whole thing over... a rare combination in my experience.

- This design would allow the kicker to follow through completely kick with less risk of injury from bad targeting, and without knocking the thing over every 2nd kick.
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Options
    Got an answer back from Blitz that they don't have any resellers in the US currently, but they would ship there. Standing by for estimates.
  • trackercasey76
    Options
    I love metal fab, I might look into making one. I think a weighted Microphone stand might be a good start.
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Options
    I was pondering how to build something like this too!

I was going a bit more 'recycle' for the base, with a car tire, adding a layer of concrete to secure a sleeve that a pole can be inserted into... filling the remainder of the void with sand if more stability is still needed, and then sealing the top to keep it clean.

The pads would need to be custom made, I think - but I don't imagine that being too hard.

The thing I haven't figured out is an adjustable angle clamp system for positioning and how to attach the pads to the clamps!
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Options
    I've been emailing back and forth with Blitz for the last few days - and here is the results for delivery to Southern California:
    Hi I have received a quote for the postage, total for the item and delivery it would be £269.99 this would be delivery to your door.

I do appreciate that the postage is more than the item itself but this was the best quote I could find.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

So it is possible to order the product and have it shipped, but that does raise the price considerably.

• trackercasey76
    Options
    bwmalone wrote: »
    I've been emailing back and forth with Blitz for the last few days - and here is the results for delivery to Southern California:
    Hi I have received a quote for the postage, total for the item and delivery it would be £269.99 this would be delivery to your door.

I do appreciate that the postage is more than the item itself but this was the best quote I could find.

So it is possible to order the product and have it shipped, but that does raise the price considerably.

So according to Google that is $362. Seems bit steep to me.
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Options
    bwmalone wrote: »

So according to Google that is $362. Seems bit steep to me.

Yeah - that does seem high to me too.