Hello from London

Options
joanna_82
joanna_82 Posts: 151 Member
Hi
Just joined the group, looking for some motivation and enthusiasm to keep me along the right road.
I struggled with my weight when I was younger, lost a lot of weight at university. Put some back on, lost it again in a bit of an awful cycle. Developed some unhealthy coping mechanisms related to food, ranging from not eating, to overeating to a short spell with bulimia.
I lost about 10kg a few years ago, using the app in a healthy way and did really well while also dealing with a back injury.
I stopped using MFP and have gradually gotten back into junk food and sort of lost my way a bit after a recurring ankle injury stopped me from doing my usual active things.
Anyway, I want to get control of my eating again, feel healthier and fitter and stronger and feel less obsessed by junk food.
I don’t have a huge amount of weight to lose, maybe 2-4kg to get back to a healthy weight for my height (1.73cm, so aiming for 70-74kg). I’m not so bothered by the number but want to feel healthier and fitter. For now I’ve set my diary at the slowest weight loss goal.
In case you wondered, I’ve had therapy for my eating issues and don’t need any medical input right now. My ankle is now recovered although I have some other issues that I’m seeing a physio at present.
Planning to log every day.
I run a bit, cycle and swim and want to get into a regular gym routine again.
Be great to have some friends along the way.
Cheers
Jo

Replies

• ExileFromTheNorth
    ExileFromTheNorth Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    good luck - im in london too. Richmond.
  • appubaje
    appubaje Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Added. Mine is very similar close to my target weight another 2 kgs to loose. But 10% body fat and build lean muscles. I do 5 to 6 days of gym per week. And high protein diet with moderate carbs n fat intake. Following it for 4 months now cheers.
  • luaP852350
    luaP852350 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome along and good luck 💪