September 30 sign in

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    jpz7zwfd7xty.jpg
    I'll check all of the posts for today and yesterday to see if there are any changes to the Winner's Circle list. Unless I see that you posted a change in your expectation or you send me a private message, I'll post yesterday's Winner's Circle list as the definitive statement.
    I'll check back in later.
    Have a great last day of September!!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    September 30
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 22.5 Km in 3hr 5mins (lots of hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Really long walk today. Unable to fly, so may as well see the sights. Even though long walk. good pace.

Consequently WAY!!! under calories budget today. Struggling to eat enough. May have to have more before I go to bed.

More later.
  • trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Sept 29th

Exercised?: Yes.

Sept 30th

Exercised?: Yes.

Walked over 15 miles today. Not long since got back, just had my evening meal and ready to relax for the rest of the night!
    Have some piccies to share, will try and post them tomorrow.

My bike has had to go back in for repair as there's something wrong with the cogs/peddles, so I won't get it back until mid-week, unfortunately.

I've been the opposite today Craig, I'm over my daily budget and eaten back half the calories earned from exercise. Still it's been a lovely day, a lovely walk, a few showers, but not enough to bother me.

Hope you've all had a super Saturday!
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    30-Sept-2017

Exercise: I did some bike riding--but my gosh I got so cold. I wonder if this'll be the end of my biking, until next spring :*

Calories: definitely under my goal. I'll be meeting a friend for happy hour and I've already determined what I'll be consuming.

Tracking: yes, I've tracked if all

Great job, this month, everyone!!
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? y
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? y
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? y

Pleased to say that I'm in the winners' circle after all. Today was tough because I got only minimal exercise.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    Happy end of the month to everybody! I thought about riding today @cardio_enthusiast but thought it was too cold. Took the dog on our favorite hike with hills. Definitely stayed warmer. We have some warmer weather in the mid week forecast, but the problem for cycling is daylight. Tracked and under calories. Still eating lots of veggies from both mine and my daughter's fridge.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all of you in the Winner's Circle!!!
    Thursday was my birthday and I took my 4th pass day.
    I am now on an eight day road trip through the Sierra Mountains with my dad to celebrate his 89th Birthday! It's beautiful up here and so nice to smell the fresh pine air.
    I will see you all next month! :)
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    A fun end of the month of September for many of us UACers!
    I spent the day with relatives and took them into downtown Chicago for an architectural boat tour along the Chicago River from Lake Michigan into both the north and south branches of the center of the city river. Crisp beautiful fall day and a great time was had by my wife, me and my cousins.
    Lots of walking around in the Loop (the area within the elevated train tracks that loop around the central core of skyscrapers and retail).
    Exercise: at least 57 measured minutes of brisk walking
    Calories: Under by 260 calories
    Tracking: ok
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Sept 29
    Exercise: Walked 11000 steps.
    Calories: Yes
    Track everything: Yes.

Sept 30
    Exercise: Cycled 17 miles plus 13000 steps
    Calories: Well under.
    Track everything: Yes
  • SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes 25min runs
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
    Heavy housework and walking for exercise, not the most exciting things
    I cut my drinking down to one day a week for Sept, and two pounds just came off without effort. I have 1 more pound to go to goal weight. I didn't think it was possible, but now I understand what @craigo3154 means about making an effort to get enough calories in. I rarely get close to my limit, and have to make myself eat. It's really strange.

Congratulations to everyone that's still here! I love reading all of your posts, and hope to see you next month.
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    September 30
    Exercise yes
    Calories yes
    Tracked yes
    Yeah!! Two months down!! Looking foward to more!!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Dog walk and a walk at The Wetlands with a friend

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Congrats to all those in the winners circle, see you next month!
  • craigo3154
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    September 1

Goals for September:
    1. Be in winners circle (track everything, keep under budget, 20+ mins exercise per day, no more than 3 pass days)
    2. Stay between 65kg and 75kg (full maintenance maintenance trying not to go too low but allow it to bounce up a bit too. Feeling fine under 70kg, but not sure if it is healthy sustainable. Trying to keep 75kg as my upper limit but still just in normal BMI range for me.)
    3. Stay honest (even if it puts me out of the circle for the month) and continue past failings (forgive mistakes and keep moving forward)
    4. Encourage others where possible

Time for review of months goals.
    1. Be in winners circle (track everything, keep under budget, 20+ mins exercise per day, no more than 3 pass days) Yes
    2. Stay between 65kg and 75kg (full maintenance maintenance trying not to go too low but allow it to bounce up a bit too. Feeling fine under 70kg, but not sure if it is healthy sustainable. Trying to keep 75kg as my upper limit but still just in normal BMI range for me.) Yes - Never outside of range - Never over 70kg
    3. Stay honest (even if it puts me out of the circle for the month) and continue past failings (forgive mistakes and keep moving forward) I think so - cannot recall where I have not been
    4. Encourage others where possible I think so - this is for others to judge

Overall a good month and ready for the next.
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @craigo3154 CONGRATS on your sucessful month. To answer the final quesion for you. I am always encouraged by your example and encouraging words to others. Quite sure many others feel the same way. So glad I found this group!!!!
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Anya_000 wrote: »
    Yes x 3
    Heavy housework and walking for exercise, not the most exciting things
    I cut my drinking down to one day a week for Sept, and two pounds just came off without effort. I have 1 more pound to go to goal weight. I didn't think it was possible, but now I understand what @craigo3154 means about making an effort to get enough calories in. I rarely get close to my limit, and have to make myself eat. It's really strange.

Congratulations to everyone that's still here! I love reading all of your posts, and hope to see you next month.

@Anya_000. I know @RangerRickL. gets this too (struggling some days to eat target). It does feel strange.

Yesterday, at friends place for lunch I think I had the largest serving of mains (roast lamb), but was still inside target. The key was I had little wine (less than one glass), snacks or other calorie beverages. Didn't want them.

When you get the food mix right and used to the portion sizes, you do not feel the need to eat more (even though you should). Cutting down on bread and other processed carbohydrates, the rest of your diet tends to fill you up.

Combine the consistency that UAC teaches with regular exercise and focus on diet, it's hard to go wrong.

@Anya_000. Well done for making your change so successful that eating enough is a struggle. It is a problem a large portion of the community wishes they had. :)

I feel healthier than I have in decades with what I have learned this year.
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Sept 30
    Exercise: 20 min walk
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes