My accountability: Crimsongrey

Options

Replies

• crimsongrey
    crimsongrey Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    The puppies are doing better. We put the wild/anxious one on a calming supplement that has helped and he's been able to go in his crate for parts of the day without problems. He runs around on his sore leg as if nothing happened despite the vets orders to keep him on a leash and to let him rest. Yeah, that's not gonna happen on the farm ;)

Thanks, the runs are really keeping me from going completely bat *kitten* crazy and yoga was amazing yesterday! Unfortunately, I haven't ridden in several days due to the heat. It was so nice last week, but now it's hot and muggy. I'm going to try to get up extra early tomorrow so I can get chores done, ride and run before the heat gets too bad.

@showjumper, let's vow to make time to take care of ourselves and make us a priority!
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'll take your hot and muggy!!!
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    oh wow! Is that normal this early?
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    mixed feelings about today's run. I did the normal 3.38 mile route, but it felt really hard due to the heat and humidity so I took several walk breaks. I kept telling myself it doesn't matter, at least I got out and did my best. Well, when I looked at my watch at the end I realized that I had shaved a minute off of my average time! After quite a bit of struggling, I am proud of myself for pushing through it!
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    2 productive rides this weekend and a decent run today. Feeling good about the exercise side of things, but I have got to get a handle on the food/beer. I'll go to the grocery store tomorrow to get healthy options so I can make good choices.
  • showjumper
    Options
    Great job @crimsongrey way to stay committed.. drawing inspiration
  • showjumper
    Options
    @crimsongrey Mid week......... how you doing?
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    @showjumper this week has sort of been a bust. I ran and rode on Sunday, took Monday off as I always try to do, planned to run and ride on tuesday, but it was super hot and my legs were still exhausted from Sunday so I was lazy and didn't do my exercises. I went to yoga yesterday, but didn't ride or run because of pain in my feet and ankle. I need to find new shoes/boots for chores. My barn floor is really uneven with a lot of repair/patch work. I think it's putting a lot of strain on my feet and ankles. Anyway, I feel good this morning and it's nice and cool so I will run and ride after I get stalls done. Thanks for checking in!
  • showjumper
    Options
    did you find new shoes/boots? don't forget to take a break from running... Hope you have a great weekend and don't be too hard on yourself if you take a rest... you are killing it!
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    well, I am going to have to take a break :( Looks like my ankle is sprained so no running for awhile. I guess I'll have to start paying more attention to my food and calories. Dang it! I'd so much rather burn off a ton of calories than eat less.
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    yesterday sucked. I am feeling really anxious about not being able to do a lot of things I'd like to do because I want to rest my ankle as much as possible. When I'm anxious, I eat and I eat crap. Then I feel horrible and depressed and anxious so I eat more crap. Since I have no self control I guess I'll go to the store and buy a bunch of healthy things I can gorge myself on while I deal with this anxiety. I was feeling so good when I started running again and now I feel like I am spinning out of control. My house is a mess, I'm fat, I have lost all motivation to do anything, including riding.
    Ok, vent over. Today will be a better day. Sorry to put all that out there, but this is my safe place where I am willing to share my true thoughts.
  • Here4Ponies
    Here4Ponies Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I understand so well I could have written your exact post word for word. Thank you for saying something I'm usually too afraid to admit to, even to myself.

New day, new choices. You are strong and you can get through this. I'm cheering for you. :)
  • showjumper
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @crimsongrey can you use your running time to do something like kettlebells or swimming?
    I know your feelings personally!! can you play mind tricks..... I do it all the time (sad I know) so you feel like poop.... you want a bowl of popcorn... unload and reload the dishwasher while the butter is melting.... Ice cream is in the freezer... walk around the house first doing lunges.. then use the diet bowl and small spoon.... every commercial while watching Survivor hold a static yoga pose, and 5 m&m's :)

Like I said to @here4ponies Rome wasn't built in a day so as long as you have one foot going in front of the other it is forward, and slowly further away from where you were!

You have been an inspiration to many including myself! don't doubt your strength or fortitude.....
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    Thanks ladies. It was a rough start to the week, but today was ok. I went to yoga this morning, which felt great. I bought a lot of veggies and no beer today. Didn't ride, but did sign up for a dressage show and a 5k race (hopefully my ankle can hold up by then!).
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    Went running today! I started out slow and stiff, but then went faster than usual. I was in the zone and just went with what felt good. And my ankle feels fine :) Running helps me so much mentally. Next time I get all whiny and depressed, please tell me to go running! Seriously.
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    Plan for the week:
    Monday: power washing the barn, farrier
    Tues: recovering from power washing. Going to an orientation for Spin classes at the gym.
    Wed: yoga
    Thurs: Run
    Friday: Spin
    Sat: something light...maybe a hike if the weather is good
    Sun: 5K Oktoberfest race (maybe 1 beer after the race...it is Oktoberfest after all ;) )
  • showjumper
    Options
    How was the orientation today? I like spin class but can be a *kitten* show with riding if you are an overachiever like me :)
    I am glad to see you aren't running every day, it is an awesome thing..... i love running but it is definitely stressful on your body to run back to back before your first consistent 150mi.

Enjoy Yoga tomorrow
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    orientation went well. It was actually a pretty good short workout. I'll do my first class on Friday :worried: Yoga was good and greatly needed today. Power washing on Monday was exhausting! I've also been pretty much cleaning stalls twice a day since it's been raining and horses have mostly been in all week. Luckily, I only have 6 horses now so it's not too bad.
    Still haven't had beer and the puppies are sleeping through the night :smiley:
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    Pretty proud of myself today. I REALLY didn't want to go running. Not even a little bit. Day 3 of dark and dreary and depressing weather. Sitting here feeling sorry for myself and said "screw it, I'm just going to do it" and out the door I went. 3+ miles, a little sluggish, but decent pace once I got warmed up. Yay me :blush:
  • showjumper
    Options
    Fantastic!