shenry111
shenry111 Posts: 4,155 Member
Good Morning!

Replies

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,155 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Still nursing a strained calf, and not running, or walking much. It started Sunday when I ran in new shoes. Then Monday, just going down the stairs, it cramped big time. Still very sore. I was working hard to avoid injury this time. Hopefully, I can run a little bit by the end of the week.

Nothing much else going on except work. Still very busy with quarter end things and taxes.

Have a great day!
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Morning. Take it easy on the injury, Steve. Keep the long term goal in focus.

Wondering how John's doing with his cracked ribs.

Mulling over whether I should go camping on Cape Cod or just drive down for the day on Saturday. Temps will be cool--low 50's overnight and 60's daytime, cloudy and breezy--not prime camping weather. And just did 3 camping trips in Aug & Sept, so feeling "camped out". Am I getting wimpy? I still haven't completely unpacked from the last trip...
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,678 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Continues record heat, where is fall?
    Have you ice'd calf then applied heat, 20 minutes each several times for a couple of days should help release cramp, are you drinking enough water?
    Hope backs are better as well as sinus issues.
    Enjoy the Day,
    Sam I am
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,982 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

The cold/sinus thing seems to be better. I still managed to get out in the shop for a while, yesterday.

Choir practice tonight.
  • wethlaw
    wethlaw Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Morning Men. Thanks for asking Mike...ribs are getting better a bit every day. Still can't really sleep on that side and turning at the waist is a no no. All in all after 3 weeks much improvement . Was told could take 6 to 8 weeks but hoping for better.
    Hoping all are well and enjoying Fall.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. Glad to hear of the improvement John.

Yesterday's acupuncture seems to have been beneficial after some adjustments after a rough first week. Hope to be more active today and try some more stretching and a walk. It has been over a week. Still in the shock at the magnitude of destruction in the fires up in Wine country. Bay area is smokey, smelly, air quality is rated very poor, but a minor issue considering the thousands who have lost everything, the loss of life and the still uncontained fires. I can't imagine what it is like just 50- 60 miles north. Pray