October 13 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    uwhtonfhatc2.jpg
    This is dedicated to @Anya_000
    We all hope that you heal very soon.
    @Gus130 Our prayers and support are with you as you continue your healing!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    October 13
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 5 Km in 37 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Early walk today - 35mins 35sec for the 5km. Best time yet. Had back to back meetings for the rest for the day, so had to get out early.

Also in the meetings today, one was at a client that I had not seen in over a year (when I was 20+kg heavier). I had three people comment of "Wow! You have lost weight. You look good." Nice, when people notice.

@Anya_000. High calorie foods that are considered "healthy" (and not too filling) is a little tricky. @RangerRickL. started off with a good list:
    • Nuts (cashews, almonds, macadamias, peanuts) unsalted of course
    • Milk (if you are lactose tolerant)
    • Wine (a glass is fine; a bottle - not so much).
    • Pasta (moderate serve)
    • Whole grain bread (if you do not have issues with gluten)
    • Rice (steamed)

• joyinlife77
    joyinlife77 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    October 13
    Also in the meetings today, one was at a client that I had not seen in over a year (when I was 20+kg heavier). I had three people comment of "Wow! You have lost weight. You look good." Nice, when people notice.

Congrats! It definitely feels good when people notice the hard work you've been putting in. :smiley: 20+kg?!? Wow!!!! That's awesome!
  • joyinlife77
    Options
    uwhtonfhatc2.jpg

That's a great list to start! And @craigo3154 's list! Don't forget:
    Avocado
    steel cut oats
    nut butters (peanut, almond, sunflower, etc)
    sweet potato
    quinoa
    beans
    2% greek yogurt - protein rich, healthy fats, probiotics
    cheese
    fruit (grapes, bananas, apples, etc)
    pumpkin and sunflower seeds

There's more, but that's a great place to start in addition to what was posted above. Fruit smoothies - greek yogurt, fruit, (maybe 1/4 of an avocado for creaminess) splash of milk or oj, ice is a delicious and easy way to add some calories to your day. :smile:

My oldest daughter is 10, has a fast emptying stomach, super high metabolism, and is a competitive swimmer (she currently swims 2 hours/day 6x/week). She is 5'2", weighs 93 pounds (all muscle), and has extremely low body fat (like so low that she not only sees herthe pediatrician, nutritionist, and I am working on it). Calorie dense, nutrient rich foods are something we're well versed in, because she needs to eat a lot of it just to maintain weight.

She eats constantly. Seriously. We call her our hobbit - first breakfast (at home - 2 scrambled eggs, 1-1.5 servings of steel cut oats, banana, oj and/or milk), second breakfast (at school - dry cereal, yogurt, milk and/or oj), elvensies (morning snack, okay it's at 10:30 - unsweetened applesauce, peanut butter crackers - made with whole grain crackers and simply jif, if I have guacamole cups then she has that with tortilla chips, and if she's super hungry - some trail mix or a whole wheat bagel), lunch (turkey on whole wheat, cheese stick, 9 cheese cubes, bell pepper strips&cucumber slices, fruit - 2 mandarin oranges, grapes, apple, or pear, chips, juice, and some sort of dessert - mini oreos/rice krispy treat/a couple hershey kisses/etc), mid afternoon snack - (homemeade trail mix - peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, raisins, chocolate chips), pre-swim snack (peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat), post swim snack (either chocolate milk made with whole milk or a protein shake made with whole milk, served with applesauce or a banana), then dinner (some variation of a protein, carb, veggie/salad, milk). Plus she often has dessert after dinner (ice cream, fruit smoothie, parfait with sliced berries/vanilla greek yogurt, granola, etc).

We get avocado and other calorie dense foods in as often as possible, but it's in addition to what is above.

Then...at her appt yesterday....we found out that she has low blood pressure too, so they want us to dramatically increase her sodium intake. :open_mouth: As in salt supplement tablets twice a day, v8 juice, salt any foods that we can, buy higher sodium foods. Grocery shopping after that was crazy - checking out the sodium on foods to find high sodium, but nutritious foods (salted nuts, V8 *ick*, pumpkin seeds, etc). AND we have to increase her complex carbs on TOP of what she's already eating!!

Sorry - went off on a tangent.

If you're not hungry @Anya_000 - then make what you do eat count. Full fat greek yogurt with berries, honey, and granola; peanut butter (and jelly?) on whole wheat with a banana; fruit smoothie with full fat greek yogurt, honey, whole milk, banana and other fruit, avocado, ice; steel cut oats with pb and honey; scrambled or hard boiled eggs, steel cut oats or whole wheat toast with pb, banana, milk or oj; etc. Wishing you a speedy recovery and that your oral surgery recovery is fast and a pain free as possible!!

• oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. (All day cattle herding again)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracked: Yes.
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    13-Oct-2017

Exercise: yes, 40 minutes of circuit training. High tempo. Jumping jacks, skipping rope, roman deadlifts, hula hooping, and running.

Calories: yes, I'm within my goal

Tracking: yes, everything

Thanks for the list of foods--great reminder :)
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Yes,yes,yes. Just enough slow walking
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your kind thoughts, Rick. I am past chemo and trying to heal for surgery at the end of the month.
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes....45 minute leisurely walk.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yep
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep

Looking forward to doing my first race tomorrow morning since starting back running. 5K trail run, I'll be slow but sure!! lol
  • joyinlife77
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Yes - 21 day fix Pilates in the AM and Zumba strength during my daughters' swim practice today in the PM
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes - made a concerted effort to eat more today, but still within my calorie budget
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Yep! :smile:
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,256 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 45 minutes on the elliptical machine. The gym was closed for remodeling so it was the first day we could use it. Nice new floors and paint.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Thank you for all of the good nutritional information
    @craigo3154 - Congratulations on your weight loss
    @joyinlife77 - You are a great Mom. It is amazing how much work you do to feed your daughter.
    @Gus130 - Hope you feel better soon.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,414 Member
    Options
    Pass today, not feeling well. Stupid time of the year!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (40-min treadmill at gym)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES

I am so glad I exercised tonight. It was a busy day, but I made time to do it and feel great!
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    October 13
    Exercise yes
    Calories yes
    Tracked yes
  • kaye4health
    kaye4health Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Y (worked out at gym 90 minutes)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Y (1200-1500, ate 1369)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Y (8-8oz glass's of water)
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Calories: under my limit by a wide margin
    Exercise: farm activity and almost 2 hours of horseback riding
    Tracking: ok
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • ShelleyMJ46
    ShelleyMJ46 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Oct 13
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes, gym and 13000 steps on my Fitbit
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    October 13
    Active cleaning my house for quite a few hours. It’s starting to come together. Hoping to be show ready by tomorrow when our potential buyer comes
    Yes and yes to tracking and under calories
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Oct 12 & 13
    Exercise: 40 min walk 75 min 10K run/32 min walk with the dog/yoga 30 min
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
    Felt good to do some running! Train for 24 hour endurance run next May has begun!