Introductions

Options
Lilpeas2
Lilpeas2 Posts: 12 Member
Hi all! I thought I'd formally introduce myself! I'm Shana! I'm a mom of two little dudes, ages almost 3 and almost 5! My husband and I love the Milwaukee Brewers and love traveling with our Little's. I'm a nurse and am lucky enough to work from home! A curse and a blessing. Honestly I'm dedicated to losing weight so I can be here for my boys for a long time. I take after my mom a lot and she passed away very unexpectedly last year at the age of 62. She was heavy most of her life. I refuse to let that be me. Plus my husband and I are going to Bora Bora next year for my 40th birthday and I want to wear a swimsuit and enjoy being in it!

Replies

• matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    So happy that there is an official group chat, My name is Vera and i am 54 years old, married for 29 years, and i have 3 grown boys 21, 25 and 27. My baby is in his last year of College, boy do i feel old. I have always been heavy but now when i look back i would take being 125lbs when i got married any day. The crazy thing, i thought that was heavy. I only stand at 4 ft 11 and 3/4", BUT I say i am 5 ft tall, LOL. After the birth of my three sons the weight never came off. I started this journey 3.5 years ago losing 95 pounds and even though i wasn't at my Ideal weight according to the medical charts i felt good about my self. I learned that i need to lose this weight for me, last time i did it for my Son's wedding. I didn't want to hide from the cameras and when the wedding was cancelled 2 months before the date i went into a depression state. I worked so hard for 1 1/2 years for what? That's how i felt. Feeling sorry for me and my Son i gained all the weight back. Last week i decided that now i need to do this for me. I hadn't visited MFP for 2 years. MFP was my go to, my sounding board. I had a really nice group of people to talk too. I need that again, so here i am. I also joined Weight Watchers because i need accountability. I wish i didn't but i do. So with that all being said, my first weigh in with WW I lost 7 pounds. Very proud. I work so hard this week. I have many many many weeks left. I am using the food dairy from both MFP and WW (They use a point system which i just am not sure if it will completely work for me, so i also log into the MFP Diary. I need to see how many calories, fat, sugar, carbs and protein i am actually eating). Sorry for going on and on. I promise i will not be this long in my future posts. Again happy to be apart of this group.
  • CandiMac
    CandiMac Posts: 41 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    My turn! I'm Candice but my maiden name was Sweet so most call me Candi. I have two girls (currently 9 and 7) and a very supportive husband who is trying to lose a few pounds with me. He loves to cook and has been researching healthy meals like it's his full time job :).

I'm 36 and have been slowly and surely gaining wait for the last 11 years. I recently just weighed more than I did for either of my pregnancies full term and I just reached rock bottom emotionally where I decided to make a change that was completely in my control!

My SW was 239.8 and I just started my third week of my new lifestyle and am currently at 231.4. I'm 5'9" so I would like to be in the healthy range of 160-170 again.

I'm a big baseball and Nascar fan. Hubby and I have our first adults only trip booked to Jamaica with our best friends in December so that's my short term motivation! I've really enjoyed logging into MFP and reading everyone's stories. Keep them coming!!

This photo was taken about 3 weeks ago at my highest weight ever :( My friend sent it with a bunch of other photos of a fun day with friends and I couldn't believe that was me. It's funny how you see yourself differently in your mind that what a picture portrays.

vdvpvyh9i30v.jpg
  • Horses4Two
    Horses4Two Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Tina, I am 46, 5'9", married with a 16 year old son. I have struggled pretty much my whole life with my weight and yo yo'ing. I live in Georgia. My husband does not "diet" so cooking for the family is a bit of a downfall for me. I want to eat everything they eat!
  • Meggan_Adele
    Meggan_Adele Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    Glad to see a group set up, it was hard to track down the conversation on the message board.

I'm Meggan. I'm 5'11 and started this journey about 2 weeks ago, my first weigh in I lost 2.2 pounds, bringing me to 242.8. I'm planning to do a weekly weigh in so I hope to see that number steadily go down. We'll see what Thursday morning brings for me!

I've had some big life changes recently. I got engaged in July, right around the time my fiance and I packed up our lives and moved from Northern California to Augusta, Georgia. My fiance does operations management and had a great opportunity we couldn't turn down. It took me a few months to find a job and I just started last week as a Case Worker for people experiencing homelessness.

I really thought I would take those few months to get a hold on my health but I didn't. I would make it to the gym quite often, usually 5 times a week but then the rest of the day I was extremely inactive and wasn't watching what I was eating. Rather than losing some weight I ended up gaining a few pounds.

Enough is enough! I have about 12 pairs of jeans in my closet that don't fit. I hate buying bigger sizes so I'm ready to make the change and start prioritizing my health.

This past weekend we looked at a second wedding venue and things are starting to feel real! We haven't set a date yet, but we are thinking Sept/Oct 2018. That's plenty of time to lose a significant chunk of weight. Right now i have my "goal" of 46 pounds, that will put me at 199 for the first time in a long time! I'll reevaluate from there.

Cheers,

M
  • carterbrent
    carterbrent Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Good for you for not buying the bigger jeans. I have struggled with weight most of my adult life especially after quitting smoking and having my 2 kids. I am eating 1200 calories but am really just maintaining. Can't seem to lose. My activity level is pretty low though. I weigh in on Friday so we will see how this week goes.
    Janet