October 20 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    October 20
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 5 Km in 37 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Medium day today. Late walk as busy throughout the day. More sleep last night though.

Weekend here. Yay!!

Daughter did not want to go to school today. Was in tears because of social pressures at school. So I drove her to school and on the way managed to give her a good strategy to cope with the day.

She is usually the nice, mild, well behaved, but she had been socially "walked over" too often. So I gave her permission to have grumpy day today. ie. Give as good as she gets. "I can only please one person per day and today is not your day - Monday is not looking good either :) ".

I knew she had the wit, intelligence and acting skill to pull it off. Just needed the permission.

Worked well. It shocked a few people, but managed to put the social "bullies" back in their place (and gave her more confidence). Turned a prospective bad day for her into a good one.

Lesson is that sometimes you must stand your ground. It cannot be all give and no take. It takes strength, but the result can be empowering. Just be careful to pick the right battles :)

There is a strategy of "tit for tat with forgiveness". This is the winning strategy in "game theory" or multiple iterations of "the prisoners dilemma". Some days you must tit for tat (if forgiveness has failed repeatedly). I often say "forgive the past", but if this is not working then you must learn from the past and do something different.

(I count today as an NSV in parenting :) ).

@trixsey1. Not much can withstand UK weather. :)

@trixsey1. & @am_change. Looks like I will be in the UK in the last week in November (round Milton Keynes).

@Anya_000. Glad you have managed to keep the weight loss in check through the oral surgery and pain killers.

@ashsmile78. You are welcome to keep posting even if not in the months winners circle. We love to hear what is going on with people trying to establish good habits. Unfortunately life gets in the way at times.

@RangerRickL. PTC or (post tropical cyclone) is the term the weather reporting services are using for the UK weather at the moment. Stormy weather is probably a good enough description. :)
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. (30 min. outdoor walking)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracked: Yes.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Only PASS day 2...I am truly thankful that I seem to be beating this month's challenge. I really want to prove to myself that I can do it. Hubby and I had our date night meal. We went to Olive Garden and used a gift card from my brother and sis-in-law that they gave us for our anniversary in August. I can't think of a better pass day meal than pasta! I also had the day off today and spent it running a lot of errands. Back to it tomorrow. :smile:
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Y
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Y
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Y

Kind of a long, draining day here. But my husband's home from his conference, I'm eating delicious veggie chili, and looking forward to a nice hike tomorrow!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,273 Member
    Options
    October 15 / 16
    Exercised?: Yes. spin class - 60 min / Barre class - 50 minutes

October 17 / 18
    Pass Day #2 / #3

October 19 / 20
    Exercised?: Yes.Yoga Inferno - 50 min/ Hiking - 100 min

Sorry my checking in is few and far between...I'm feeling so overwhelmed and stressed out because of work...It's a good thing we don't have to track sleep...lol

• Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes. Walking
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    Tracking each day, under calories and working out. 10/18, 10/19, 10/20. Lots of cardio today. 60 minutes Zumba and left work early to get 1.5 hour solid bike ride before sunset.

Wednesday was a bit emotional but didn't give in to food. I had calories saved and work out calories to eat. My husband and I were on our way to pick up my daughter for her 24th birthday dinner at a nice French restaurant. A deer jump in front of my 4 month old car. Trashed the grill, bumper, and headlight. We could get back home and switch cars, change reservation, and still take my daughter out, but it wasn't quite the same celebration. I had planned on wine with dinner but just wasn't in the mood. No alcohol helped stay within calories. Estimated to track but I think I counted high.
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Went for a night walk and have upped morning dog walks to 4 miles

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Between the fierce wind and the water softener going off at 2am, I had a terrible night’s sleep. I did manage to stay strong with my eating today, so that’s a huge win for me
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    20-Oct-2017

Exercise: Yes, I got in 7000 steps

Calories: yes, under goal

Tracking: yes
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Sigh, I am out this month because I didn't check in the last 4 days. But since I want to end the month in success I am going to continue to check in anyway.

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 16k steps

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, well under.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 Congratulations on being a great dad and teaching your daughter how to protect herself!!
    @astroamy It's highly recommended to keep tracking even when you are no longer in the Winner's Circle. That is what I am doing this month.
    My Friday report:
    Calories: only under by 37 calories
    Exercise: 35 minutes of active stretching and 65 minutes of horseback riding.
  • kaye4health
    kaye4health Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Y (worked out at gym 90min)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Y (1200 - 1500, ate 1239)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Y (drank 9-8oz waters)
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,259 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, on the elliptical for 45 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, barely
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 I'm glad your daughter had a better day thanks to your guidance. Grrrr for need for your support though, nasty bullies. I hope their parents are aware and also trying to raise their children well.

I have to say though craig that Milton Keynes and I have bad blood. I won't step foot in the place. I grew up in Wimbledon. Our football team were stolen and relocated to Milton Keynes and renamed MK Dons. Meanwhile us real Wimbledon fans got together and decided to start from scratch and remain in Wimbledon. 6 promotions later and we're currently both in League 1. Looking forward to us being promoted and them relegated, but we're not having a great season so far. Anyway, I still hope you have a safe and productive trip. It's unfortunate that all Milton Keynes is known for is concrete cows and stealing a football team!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    @am_change We get Warren Barton on Fox Soccer and Robbie Earle on NBC commentating. Crazy Gang! :D
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; a 45 minute walk
    Calorie? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Oct 20th.

Pass day 2. Sciatic is awful....sigh....
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    LoraineGB wrote: »
    @am_change We get Warren Barton on Fox Soccer and Robbie Earle on NBC commentating. Crazy Gang! :D

:D:D:D Wowee! Who'd have thought it! Thanks for letting me know!