October 21 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    October 21
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 7 Km in 55 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Woke up this morning with a cramping calf. Managed to massage out the knot, but slowed me down for the rest of the day. Walk did it good. Feeling mostly better no lasting effects.

Japanese dinner with friends today. Nice to catch up. Had not seen them in a couple of months.

Low on calories and will have some more protein before bed, but am so short there is no danger it will take me over the daily limit.

FPV race tomorrow on the other side of town. Will try get walk in early.

@astroamy. Keep checking in. UAC is more about making healthy habits than in or out of monthly circle.

• trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Oct 20th

Exercised?: Yes.

Woke feeling dreadfully ill Friday morning. I think lack of sleep finally caught up with me, was very dizzy and felt nauseous. Cancelled my morning and got back down and managed to grab a few more hours sleep and felt much better for it. Finally got my bearings later in the day and after having a meal, took the dogs a walk and was feeling more like myself as the day went on.

Oct 21st

Exercised?: Yes.

After yesterday I wanted to get myself back in gear, so started my day with a run (35mins fast pace), then went on a bike ride round the local trails then stopped for a coffee at the Visitors Centre on my way back.

Walked into town for a few bits then took the woofies for a walk round the trails, so plenty of fresh air - and it is quite fresh, we have 50mph winds here!

Feel loads better after catching up on some sleep though!

Total distance Walked - 10.4 miles
    Total steps walked: 23,826
    Total calories burned: 1315
    Total calories consumed: 1365 / 1470
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Exercised: Yes. (38 min. HIIT)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracked: Yes.
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    21-Oct-2017

I'll use a pass day.

Exercise: yes. a lot of steps today. Up and down stairs getting ready for a family event

Calories: No. At least that's what I'm anticipating. I could definitely stay within calories, but I don't want to:-). I'm going to a birthday party and intend to have a piece of cake, etc.

Tracking: yes, everything
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    @cardio_enthusiast enjoy your family day!
    @trixsey1 glad you are feeling better. You always do so much!
    Active day without a formal workout. 4 hours of mowing, leaf raking, mulching. Yes to calories and tracking.
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Went on a fun, short hike with a club I'm in, Washington Women Outdoors.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

@trixsey1 -- Boy, I totally get it about the sleep issue. Sometimes all it takes is for me to finally get a good night's sleep to feel 1000% better. Glad to hear you're back on track.
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Thanks @craigo3154 and @RangerRickL that's the plan!

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 18 mIle bike ride plus 10k steps.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, well under.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @windowqueen2003 Thanks for the beautiful photos and congratulations on a big improvement in your cardio fitness!!
    @astroamy I am proud for you!! Thanks for looking forward and committing to healthy habits.
    My report:
    I loved today! Wonderful weather as our fall edges to a close. In our area of Northern Middle US, referred to as the Midwest, October is often my favorite month. Like March, it is a transitional month. November is usually chilly, rainy and gray. We often enjoy a late October stretch of summer like day time temperatures coupled with cool evenings.
    This week as been one of those beautiful moments. For many generations, this weather experience was called Indian Summer.
    I rode my horse for over 2 hours and I did lots of summer-to-winter transition farm chores. Lots of exercise today
    Calories: under by more than 700 calories
    Tracking: ok
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes,yes. Walked
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,259 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, went for a 10 mile bike ride
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

@windowqueen2003 -Thanks for the beautiful photos
    @cardio_enthusiast - Hope you totally enjoyed your cake!
    @trixsey1 - Great workout!
  • kaye4health
    kaye4health Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Y ( Zumba for 60 minutes)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Y (1200 - 1500, ate 1249 today)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Y (drank 8-8oz glasses of water)
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Short walk today, I needed a rest

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

I listened to my body and slept and rested most of the day yesterday. I’m not usually a nap person but yesterday I had two. I’ve woken up tired, what’s that all about?
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; 45 minutes of strength training and a 1.5 mile run
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Oct 21
    Exercise; walking
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: Yes.
    I am now at a plateau. MFP still has me at 1200 to lose 5 lbs, however I've been on that for a few months now and I'm thinking I'm not gonna lose anymore with that daily low calorie. I'm starting to ramp up the exercise again despite constant sciatic problems. Should I leave the calories and up the exercise or up the calories and the exercise? Thoughts??
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES