October 22 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
edited September 2017 in Social Groups
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    1bpjcs6rt4si.jpg
    This is a nostalgic image to celebrate the beauty of late fall
    I hope you are enjoying the outdoors wherever you are!
    Rick
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    October 22
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 5 Km in 37 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

FPV race today on the other side of town. Did not manage to walk early as it was raining, but was still light when I got back home, so went then.

Did better today than I had done previously in FPV racing. My personal fastest times in both heat and final. Finished close second in my divisions final (to a faster pilot with more flying experience and faster and more durable craft). Managed to avoid all obstacles and finish all heats and races (which was my personal goal for the day - added bonus of no repairs).

@RangerRickL. Fall (which we know of as Autumn) in your area looks beautiful.

@windowqueen2003. Glad you are seeing the benefits of exercise. They definitely ring true for me. I feel better at 49 than I did at 39. (And thank you for the beautiful photos).

@cardio_enthusiast. Hope you had fun at the birthday. I hope you enjoyed the cake. Pass days are for special days. Enjoy them.

@trixsey1. As you have seen. Sleep is so important. Your Saturday sounds exhausting to me.
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. (40 min. fast, freestyle swimming. First time at the pool since I got a membership 2 weeks ago. YAY for me!)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracked: Yes.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    Glad to be enjoying the beautiful weather here too.Did a little more yard work then out on my bike for a good hilly ride. Bucking some wind too. A little early for posting,but I'm tracking and will be quite a bit under calories with the earned calories.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I am exercising and weighing all my food and tracking / logging . New meds I feel better but I am gaining weight. My doctor actually came into the bank and told me how great I looked. :# I grimaced and said really because my pants feel tight. He said to give my body some time to adjust. We shall see.I refuse to buy new clothes.
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    It's been a full week of babysitting. My son-in-law has gone to China for 10 days so my husband and I have cranked it up a notch to help our daughter look after her 2 young ones. Not going to be in the Winner's Circle; babysitting really throws a wrench into my healthy habits. We r resting today which feels sooo good.

Going for a 6 km walk tonight with my friend. Haven't officially exercised since Thursday(played tons with grandkids but just not the same).

• fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Yes
    Tes
    Yes
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Oct 22
    Exercise: 2 hr 15 min walk in the woods, 40 min walk with the dog, 30 min yoga. 10 miles total
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,257 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, a 50 walk/jog at the track
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, very close though
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

@RangerRickL - Thanks for the beautiful picture. That's what it looks like here and it was 70 degrees today. I am enjoying this weather!
    @Dosse1320 - Your daughter is fortunate to have your help.
    @2020pinktogo - Hope your body adjusts soon!
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    22-Oct-2017

Exercise: yes, walking with my neighbour for an hour

Calories: yes, I'm under.

Tracking: yes, everything

I'm dropping my daily intake from 1700cals to 1550cals/ day. Trying to shake things up a bit since my weight loss has plateaued.
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes. Walking
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    @gus130 Excellent!!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

• astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 3.5 mile (fastest ever time) run plus 10k steps.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

• kaye4health
    kaye4health Posts: 115 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Y (walked doggie 45 min)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Y (1200-1500, ate 1240)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Y (drank 10glasses of water)

Almost had to use a pass day on two different issues todayl Was super tired when I got home this morning from work. didn't feel like exercising or even taking the dog for a walk. I was so close to just scratching the idea of a walk, but thought, you need to do this and so I did. Had a nice brisk 45 min walk with my dog. The second issue was I was really craving some progresso chicken soup. One can has 1,380 sodium, I limit myself to only 2,400 per day. ended up with 2,259 sodium. I really had to play around with my logging my foods (pre logged). I was able to get my calories and keep under my sodium and keep my potassium up. It took me a bit to figure out what to eat today, but I really wanted that chicken soup. Proud of myself for doing it :smiley:
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    October 22
    Exercise yes
    Calories yes
    Tracked yes

It has been so nice and beautiful for the past week. We have rain today and colder weather. Tueseday low 36. It is supose to warm up to 71 Thursday--will try to do something in celebration of a nice day. Quiet sure they are going to be fewer going foward.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES -- gym workout with 40 min on bike
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
  • bocasdelbadbob
    bocasdelbadbob Posts: 111 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Race ...
    Before I can say anything I better say yes, yes, yes.
    I got in a race with Trail Runner Dan.
    I am a mountain biker. He is a trail runner.
    Can Mountain bikers race trail runners?
    Impromptu ..
    We park in the same place at the same time.
    We talk a little bit.
    He talks about how he is going to run for .2 and walk for .2. (two blocks kind of)
    He says he is going to take off with a head start and let me catch up.
    That is doable. I catch up.
    We kind of idling for a couple of miles. We talk about heart rate monitors. He is wearing his. Heh!
    Couple of miles of run/ walk goes by.
    Then we find some 13% grade. Ain't no more talking.
    He is running. He is a guy that prides himself on his conditioning.
    He is looking at me but I am a guy that is just like him only I am wearing a 30 pound backpack (bicycle)
    Ain't no cutting slack from here on out. We are a couple of thoroughbreds.
    I goes to shift down and I drop my chain. Seemingly seconds but there ain't no recovering from that malady. Danny boy just keeps on moving.
    I can't reel him back in.
    That scamper ran away from my chain drop. Nothing I could do about it. I kept looking to get him back but he kept getting further and further.

I gave him a satisfying day of racing. Don't know what to say about my demise.

Better than couch potatoes I guess. Old guys racing. This is weird.

I am going to tell you guys a secret about this. There was a marathon race going on in town while me an crazy Dan was going at it on the mountain.

Alright ... I am going to put a picture here in my profile and it ain't appropriate. It ain't copyrighted, I got it out of the newspaper. I put it in my profile because I can delete it before anyone gets offended.

This is a world class athlete. I am an old man. But it is weird. I still got this thoroughbred mentality of racing and winning. Oh man what if I lose! Oh man, what if I die!

This is a marathon winner. (That is my cardio trainer winning a marathon.)
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @bocasdelbob I've told you this before, and now I'm gonna tell you this in front of all of the UAC witnesses, you may be crazy, but you are my Hero!!
    My puny report compared to my Hero (BTW: I am happy with my puny report)
    Calories: under by more than 600 calories
    Exercise: 20 minutes of active stretching, followed by 35 minutes of rope jumping or as am_change says, skipping. Did a total of 640 skips over a 10 round Every Minute on the Minute routine. 520 skips with a 1/2lb rope and120 skips with a 1lb rope. Also 253 pushups.
    Tracking: ok