October 27 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    z6skuqcosp44.jpg
    Ok. Here is a lawyer joke about me.
    I liked the dancing bear better too!
    Rick
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Drive safe Rick!
    There were no lights working in the school parking lot last night :# There were kids every where and thus I just landed the car and hooffed it. In my totally black on black outfit it's lucky I didn't get run over. But our instructor keeps telling us that come winter we won't feel the cold. OMG I felt the difference just of the locker room. But I am not as sore this morning and I used heavier weights. Time to get my miles in and get my spunky in check. They say I have way too much energy for an old person. These kids live on coffee all day long though I admit yesterday I had a huge dose of happy lol
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    October 27
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 5 Km in 38 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Late walk today (very busy work day). Weather is getting much warmer. I feel like I am getting slower :( . I think I need to do more hamstring stretching.

Weekend tomorrow. (Yay)

@RangerRickL. Reading through the CASA and MAAA legislation today (changes to model aircraft legalities) nearly sent me to sleep. If I ever need a cure for insomnia, reading through the legislation would be it. (I can understand "What I actually do" quite well).

@2020pinktogo. I think they have way too low an opinion of what and older person should be able to accomplish. You show those young whipper snappers a thing or two. :)

All - I've had @am_change. post into the http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10610080/november-ultimate-accountability-challenge-uac#latest thread (thank you @am_change.). Can I get some others to post some thoughts into there too? (It's almost dropped of the first page ... again).

Having others post their experience of UAC into the thread both encourages new members next month and brings UAC back up to the top of the challenges forum (so more people stumble across it by accident).

The other challenges are:
    1. (weight loss specific) - eg. "Lose X lbs in X weeks" or "JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS"
      • Personally I hate these as weight is so variable and you can if done wrong it just end up yo-yoing.
    2. (exercise specific) - eg. "Running challenge" or "Step challenge"
      • What if you do not like or cannot do the exercise?
    3. (diet specific) - eg. "Paleo" or "Less alcohol"
      • Tell me how this becomes long term sustainable? Most restrictive diets are not able to to be followed long term.
    4. (themed) - eg. "Harry potter" or "Halloween" or "Picture this"
      • Often narrow focus and very centred on weight loss, not long term habits.

UAC is the ONLY generic, all inclusive challenge I could find.

Help me promote UAC. It needs your help.
  • bocasdelbadbob
    bocasdelbadbob Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Heh! @RangerRickL talking about 235 pushups the other day got me all jealous.
    So I devised a strategy. Every hour on the hour I do 20 pushups. Hey, that gets me to 200. Well not really. But the attempt is good exercise.
    I went climbing then I went an seen Buddy. That little guy is having some neurological trouble. Not to elaborate but I am the guy that gets him to eat. Equine therapy might be pushed out a few months.
    Today was Halloween party day. They had a cotton candy machine at the school. I think it was Buddy's Mom's idea. I guess that is alright for little rapscallions that got some rampant metabolism running through their veins. Cotton candy... it might be that I might never have cotton candy again in this incarnation. Yeah, I can get all sanctimonious with a beer in my hand.
    Me an Buddy split a sugar cookie. It had frosting made out of those little candy corns. You know the Halloween ones I am talking about.
    I liked it. He liked it. The beauty is that we are buds and I got him to eat. I keep track of the little guy's IO from the metabolism perspective. He has to eat but he has to move.

But yeah, I am holding up on tracking.

I am finding myself increasingly in the company of endurance athletes these days. That is a contrast to the old me.

... and equestrians. That is a wild one. I have become kind of a fixture in an equestrian neighbor hood. This whole thing is strange. I can't think of how to elaborate so I won't. But I don't quite fit but still they want me. It is about protecting "the road." Somehow that has become a valuable thing in my life and now I am connecting with people with whom it has been valuable their entire lives. Some of these guys are wealthy and some of these guys are ranch hands and plumbers.

But hey ... it is "the road."
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    October 27

Help me promote UAC. It needs your help.

I have posted a thread on my home page… I’ll try to put a comment on the other thread a bit later
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes. Light housework
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; 45 minutes of strength training and a 1.5 mile run
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes..35 minute easy recovery walk.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,980 Member
    Options
    Missed my alarm. Haven't done that all summer. Only got 35 minutes of exercise in. Tracked and on calorie goal.
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Went to a Haunted Maze walk at the Wetlands. It was so much fun, I got to pet a bald rat!

We’re short staffed at work tomorrow so I agreed to do an extra shift and it starts at 5am - What was I thinking?!?!?!
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,254 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 45 minutes on the elliptical

@RangerRickL - that is what everyone thinks about when they think about lawyers! Hope things go well with your Mom
    @craigo3154 - completed a post for UAC - Also as a FYI - the Harry Potter challege focuses on weight loss, eating habits, and community. It is so much fun!. Term 16 is just ending and a new term will begin shortly. You should consider trying it. It isn't posted yet.
    @LoraineGB - Your post made me laugh. I am not a morning person either!
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 20k steps.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yep, even with the munchies.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • kaye4health
    kaye4health Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Y (took doggie for 45min walk)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Y (1200-1500, 1261 calories today)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Y (drank 8-8oz glasses of water)
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    mvoi773s6s66.jpg
    It was a lovely morning for a hike! The Autumn colours are quite spectacular--photos really cannot do it justice.

Exercise: Yes. Two hours of hiking and trail running. Why trail running??? Because I was short on time and had to rush back to get ready for work...so, I had to jog down the mountain. I have less than fabulous knees. So. Sigh.

Calories: Yes. I am under

Tracking: Yes, everything.

• oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. (40 min. fast,sidestroke swimming, 60 min. walking)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracking: Yes.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm out. I had my 4th pass day today, as it was date night meal. More importantly, I had no time for exercise today. I don't feel too bad because I almost made it to the end of the month.
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    More than 20 minutes of cleaning
    Over cals but I did log everything

So someone wants to buy our house. I can’t believe we got an offer so quickly. We accepted their offer. It was a reasonable one. Hopefully home inspection goes well! I’m sure it will.