October 29 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    October 29
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 5 Km in 38 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Not as fast today, but was not pushing and it was VERY windy.

Lot to do at home before getting out to fly. Then work decided to interrupt (Unfortunately "A lack of planning on someone else side became my emergency" <grrr>).

Flying in the wind was interesting. Shows the quad can do well in excess of 40 mph :) (todays wind speed).

@Dosse1320. Had not read about "Gretchen Rubin". Looked up Rubin Tendencies. I fall predominantly in upholder, buy have a lot of questioner tendencies too.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    So you know how whatever you have been searching for online shows up in your ads around mfp? I now have shoe ads lol . The only good thing is I got rid of a bunch of shoes so even though I still have a lot it's not like I am a shoe hoarder. ;) So today mom and dad come home I have a few more things to pick up for them. I missed them but it was great having my life to myself. Well sort of I was still taking care of the house but no people. A house can wait people can't.

Time to exercise have a great day everyone!!!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    PS the neighbor across the street has put up a corral next to his driveway. It is driving my husband insane. We shall see what he gets he lives on the town side of the road we are the village he can have farm animals. Lol As long as it's docile I don't care. As the guy is a corrections officer I know if something gets lose it will be me dealing with it.
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    PS the neighbor across the street has put up a corral next to his driveway. It is driving my husband insane. We shall see what he gets he lives on the town side of the road we are the village he can have farm animals. Lol As long as it's docile I don't care. As the guy is a corrections officer I know if something gets lose it will be me dealing with it.

I sympathise with your husband. Our neighbour has put up a monstrous lean-to on the back of his house. I’m being kind if I tell you iit’s ugly. Oh well, each to his own.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    Sorry for not reporting in!
    I have been overwhelmed by health care of my hospitalized mother. Then, my sister, who accompanied me to be with my mother, became ill. I took her to the emergency room at 4:00 a.m.
    Nonetheless, all is well!
    My mother’s femoral artery angioplasty was a success. I am at her home this morning. She is ecstatically happy that the swelling has gone down in both legs and she can walk again.
    My sister is recovering from gastroenteritis.
    Later today, I will drive 4 hours to get home.
    Thank you, Craig for opening up today’s discussion!
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. (38 min. HIIT and some music playing (about 2 hours)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracking: Yes.

@RangerRickL Happy to hear your mother's surgery was a success and hope your sister gets well soon.
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    OCt 27, 28, 29
    Exercise. 20 min walk, 20 min walk. PASS DAY 3.
    Calories YES
    Tracked. YES
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yep. 40 minute trail run, 20 minutes stretching
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yep
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL, I'm glad that all is well:-).

29-Oct-2017

Yes x3, today. I did a hike, this morning, and it climbed 2100 feet in 1.5miles. It was so tough. Great workout though.

I wanted to see if I could actually complete it. Well, it's done and I'll never feel the need to do that particular hike again ;)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Yes x3 Glad to hear all is well Rick. :):)
    Hubby has parked himself near the front window to watch the neighbor. I am so glad tomorrow is Monday.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Craig & Dosse I took the Gretchen test I am an obliger. LOL yep that fits :D
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    ... I did a hike, this morning, and it climbed 2100 feet in 1.5miles. It was so tough. Great workout though.

I wanted to see if I could actually complete it. Well, it's done and I'll never feel the need to do that particular hike again ;)

@cardio_enthusiast. Wow. That is one steep climb. I occasionally do the 1000 steps climb and that is 1700ft in 1.5 mile and I really feel it afterwards.

I'll usually do lyrebird track which wider and runs parallel to it and is less "gym junkie / touristy". This way I do not get held up behind all the weekend warriors stopping and gasping for breath. Lyrebird track is less pretty and has no cut steps, but is the same distance and elevation gain.

I only feel the need to do 1000 steps / lyrebird track climb if I believe I have been particularly remiss in my exercise over the previous week (and it is a weekend morning with good weather).

(There is a third climb for the same elevation, but it covers 2.5 miles. I find that one far less strenuous and consequently do it more often).
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 so true! the best way to motivate is to appreciate. Did my morning workout and tracked. Under calories.
    @RangerRickL what a stressful time you just had. Hope things continue to improve.
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Yes,yes,yes. This will be my last check-in this month. Although Idid not win the challenge, I appreciate the support. I will see you in December!
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    ... I did a hike, this morning, and it climbed 2100 feet in 1.5miles. It was so tough. Great workout though.

@cardio_enthusiast. Wow. That is one steep climb. I occasionally do the 1000 steps climb and that is 1700ft in 1.5 mile and I really feel it afterwards.

I only feel the need to do 1000 steps / lyrebird track climb if I believe I have been particularly remiss in my exercise over the previous week (and it is a weekend morning with good weather).

(There is a third climb for the same elevation, but it covers 2.5 miles. I find that one far less strenuous and consequently do it more often).

Wow! 1700 feet in 1.5 miles is impressive!

Luckily, only the diehard fitnessy people used this trail. It was so incredibly steep and narrow that it would have been dangerous for a hiker to stop mid-hike. There is a much wider well travelled trail that runs 'nearly' parallel. In fact, that's the trail that I used to get back down from the mountain

I think that's great that you throw in that type of workout periodically:)
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Oct 28:
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 40 min run plus 9000 steps

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

Oct 29:
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 14000 steps.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Nope.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    October 27, 28, 29
    Execise yes
    Calories yes
    Tracked yes
    Sorry I got behid. Busy couple of days. Stayed on track though.
  • kaye4health
    kaye4health Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Y (took doggie on a very brisk cold (temp) walk 45 min)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Y (1200-1500, ate 1250 calories
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Y (drank 8-8oz waters today)
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I cashed in my last cheat day for the month. If I can stay on track these last two days, I will make the Winner's Circle :)